Cash on S & S

LSUcajunmom

We have always put down $200.00 for the two of us. We do not drink, but we like to buy a Formal Night picture, some treats in the gift shop and a nice dinner in the steak house. On our last cruise, we had money left over which we picked up the night before the cruise ended:)

"A deposit (ranging from $100 to $350 depending on cruise duration) will be required for cash accounts."

I got the above from Carnival website, I was just wondering if anyone knew the amt required for a 7 day. My last 4 cruises were 5 day and it was $200 required at check-in.

"A deposit (ranging from $100 to $350 depending on cruise duration) will be required for cash accounts."

I got the above from Carnival website, I was just wondering if anyone knew the amt required for a 7 day. My last 4 cruises were 5 day and it was $200 required at check-in.

On both of the 7 days I've done, they suggest that amount, but do not make you put that amount on there. On our December cruise, we only put $300 cash down & we only used like $200. You will be fine & they will send you a note if you get close to the end of the amount you have pre-paid on there. Oh, and we pay our grats/tips ahead of time, so it's not coming out of that amount.

My mom put down less than the suggested amount and there were no questions asked, she had to go to put more money down however, but that was a painless process. If you want to avoid going to guest services during your cruise, I would suggest you know your spending habit/budget and put that amount down on your card. As others have stated, the amount stated is merely SUGGESTED, Not REQUIRED.

DS and his girlfriend went on 4 day Imagination this past month and they use cash for their S&S. I called Carnival three times and got three different answers: (1) $200, (2) $50 - $100, (3) No min required, but $50 is recommended. :confused: In the end DS decided to use his debit card for the S&S card, and a $50 hold was put on the card for the duration of the cruise. Not sure if this helps. I never did get a clear answer, but he definitely had a great time!!

As soon as I board, I go to the Pursers (okay, it is now called the Information desk) Desk and put down $200 cash. Did this in February. A friend only put $100 on hers, no problem. If you ever need more on your account during the cruise, a quick trip to the desk is all it takes.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

If I'm putting cash on my account now as OBC, will I still need to put more cash down? I currently have $350 in OBC, plan on sending a little bit more. Or should I just hold off and put it down as cash when I get there? The idea of standing in line first thing at the info desk is not something I want to look forward to. I've always used a CC, but I chopped them up after my divorce in an attempt to curb stupid spending. :p

When I did my four day I put down like $50 or $75 because I had OBC.

Keep in mind you can always add more if you need too but you can't take money off until the very end of the last day when you cash out your account.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

If I'm putting cash on my account now as OBC, will I still need to put more cash down? I currently have $350 in OBC, plan on sending a little bit more. Or should I just hold off and put it down as cash when I get there? The idea of standing in line first thing at the info desk is not something I want to look forward to. I've always used a CC, but I chopped them up after my divorce in an attempt to curb stupid spending. :p

If you have an OBC then the card is open and ready to use when you board the ship. You don't need to wait in line. You can go add more at any time. I usually add OBC before I leave and just add more the 2nd or 3rd day when there isn't any line.

Archived