Best Dining times

Linco711

My husband and I are sailing on the Fantasy in October...We are seniors and usually eat dinner early at home. Now don't hate me for this question, but was wondering if the early seating is full of children? We've been there and done that and prefer a quiet relaxing dinner with adults. What do you think the chances are of that happening? We love Disney and hopefully we will be able to have a pleasant dining experience while onboard..:)

Disney market IS children

of two seatings which one might be MORE children filled?????

I've a dozen DCL cruises under my belt ... most done as a single parent . . . if you don't want to see kids at dinner

a) don't sail Disney

b) eat later

btw we always book late seating and feed the kids early .... they were seldom in the dining room

Disney market IS children

of two seatings which one might be MORE children filled?????

I've a dozen DCL cruises under my belt ... most done as a single parent . . . if you don't want to see kids at dinner

a) don't sail Disney

b) eat later

btw we always book late seating and feed the kids early .... they were seldom in the dining room

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it:)

We did 2nd dining one time (without kids) and it was actually a lot of waiting around in between the shows and dinner. Told myself I would never do that again --- 1st dining is the best in my opinion, but of course, now I have children. The 1 time we did 1st dining before we had the kids they put us at an adult only table and we loved it. But of course, we went during the off season so cruise wasn't crowded.

If you're cruising in October, more kids will be in school, so I think you'll see less children than you would in summer/school break times. I would also say there will be less young children at the late seating.

That said, we're sailing this month with two young boys and have late seating. Our plan is to have them eat quickly and send them to the kids club so we can enjoy our dinner! Hopefully you'll have a pleasant dinner experience. They'll probably seat you with other adults vs a family with children.

We have sailed DCL many times and have 3 more booked this year in the fall including our Member cruise in Sept. Laura and I are in our mid 50s. We choose late dinning. Its rare to see kids in late dinning. We have already gone to the show so we arent rushed to leave. Except Pirate night, I put my pirate outfit on before Dinner. Then we go top deck for the Pirate party around 9:30.

Archived