Tips for top table in late seating

We are travelling on freedom on may 6 and wondered if anyone has any tip on getting a good table at dinner? How do they decide where you sit and who with? I have seen on here a few people request a table with a view but I always thought they put you were they want... Oh any any advice on not receiving cruise tickets yet? Everyone on here seems to be doing the ticket dance but we have no sign. Thanks

There really are no "bad" tables....it's the company at the table...not the table location! Once, we were placed very near the kitchen door....Oh, NO, I thought.....turned out to be the most fun we'd ever had a dinner....great tablemates, and super-fast service!

There are no "tickets" any longer. After you make final payment, fill out your online setsail info...and you're good to go.

When you board the ship, go to the dining room and check out your table. The number will be on your Sea Pass, which serves as your room key, charge card, etc. If the table is not to your liking, speak to the maitre-d. You may have to switch to My Time Dining to get what you want (like if you want a table for two in traditional, but none are available). In my opinion, you should wait it out and try it the first night. You may have a fabulous waiter or fun tablemates, and you wouldn't know that in advance based on table location. If you wish to change mid-cruise because you aren't happy with the arrangement, just speak to the maitre-d.

Did you go onto the Royal Caribbean website and fill out your Set Sail Pass? If not, you'll need to create a user name and password. Then you'll need to enter your reservation number. You'll fill in info such as birthday, passport #, emergency contact person, credit card that you wish to use to secure your onboard acct, etc. Then, when everything is ready, you print your Set Sail Pass. At that point, you'll be able to read your cruise documents (tickets) online. You can print them if you'd like, or you can arrange to have them mailed to you for a fee. (we just bring the Set Sail Pass). You can order luggage tags to be mailed to you (or I think you can print them now, if you'd prefer). You should do this now because you won't be able to access your reservation within 5 days of your cruise or so.

Archived