Celebrity website & UK phone numbers

helpthejuggler

Tried to update our info using MyCelebrity.

It will not allow me to enter a perfectly valid UK phone number. It used to work, fine but the improvements have broken it. C'mon you muppets do some testing before it goes live.

I just called Celebrity and mentioned this very issue. I was told we must be on the co.uk site not the .com site and it should work. Haven't tried it yet though :o

I just called Celebrity and mentioned this very issue. I was told we must be on the co.uk site not the .com site and it should work. Haven't tried it yet though :o

The .com site doesnt accept non US telehone numbers. Has been since the upgrade...

Problem is the .co.uk site automatically transfers you to the .com site to enter your personal details/update your profile etc, so no it doesn't

work:mad:. Glad someone else has had the problem though - thought it was just me.

Yes I have the same problem as well. I even had to change the browser I use as it would not let me log on to my Celebrity with Firefox. I have had to add chrome to my netbook. Some IT dept Celebrity have.:rolleyes: I am just hoping that when it comes to printing my express checkin documents everything works ok. :(

I too had this problem. Tried typing +44 12........ but it would not accept it. In the end I just did the number without the +44 and typed all the numbers together including the 0 at the beginning and it accepted it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone any further on with trying to enter UK telephone numbers into the My Celebrity registration page? Very frustrating, I can get my number to start with 44 then the area code and the first 4 digits of the actual number!

:confused:

I had the same problems - it did not want to accept my UK phone number or postcode. I hit "cancel" and thought the updated information would be lost, but it has actually accepted it. I used the format Shoreham01 suggested for the phone number - as you would dial it within the UK, without any spaces, e.g. 01222333444.

It also will not let me enter the Sweepstakes contest as it will not accept my UK phone number

Ive also had problems, have tried several ways and it still wont accept my number :(

Jackie

Anyone any further on with trying to enter UK telephone numbers into the My Celebrity registration page? Very frustrating, I can get my number to start with 44 then the area code and the first 4 digits of the actual number!

:confused:

I had this very problem and posted a question on 1st April (NOT a joke) under the heading " Difficulty with on line check in -UK cruiser ". Sorry, I don't know how to post a direct link to it.

I followed the advice given there and chose Not Applicable from the very top of the options list of US States. I could then enter all my info and was able to print off the X Press pass, etc.

Hope this helps you all.

Thanks everyone for the help.....my 1st time using the Forum, I'm sure it won't be my last! :)

As a first time cruiser, I'm finding out so much information from you all. Hopefully, by the time I actually get to my cruise (Summer 2013), I'll have worked out how to check in on line etc!

Managed to amend my details on "My Celebrity" by fudging the phone number with a row of 5s, but the captains Club dialogue fouled up because it only recognizes ZIP codes (numeric) and won't accept UK postcode format (alphanumeric)

Pathetic, Celebrity, pathetic!:mad:

I encountered the same problem! My TA has managed to get it sorted, but only after emailing someone at rccl.com. Someone there has now entered the correct telephone number and post code on my behalf.

Just to let you know that I e-mailed Celebrity about this problem and have just had a response to say that the technical dept is aware of the problem and a fix will be applied to the website during 1st week in May....... watch this space!

Archived