Vancouver airport timing

Hobie

I have heard different stories about immigration in Vancouver (I'm a US citizen).

If I arrive at Vancouver airport at 12:25 p.m. on a Saturday for a cruise that leaves at 5:00 p.m. that day, does that give me enough time?

Also, If I book a 1:20 p.m. flight on the following Saturday when the ship arrives at 7:00 a.m. does that give me enough time to get from the ship to the airport.

Thank you for your help.

If your flight arrives on time you will have no problem to board a 5pm ship. Immigration is fast.

Regarding departure for a 1:20pm flight it also should be ok. Allow about 3 hours from ship departure to get to gate after check in, Cad and US customs and security. Just in case, you may want to find out how many other ships will be arriving the same day and add time if necessary for more pax.

For your arrival into Vancouver you should be okay; but there is no room for any delays. I believe you have to be checked in for your cruise 90 minutes prior sailing, that would be 3:30 so you have three hours from touchdown to get to the pier. Customs could take up to an hour (but could also be less); airport to pier is about 45 minutes. If your flight is on time, you will make it. Personally I would fly in the night before.

Return flight time is perfect.

While it should be doable, IMO you are pushing the envelope just a tad for the Vancouver arrival...if it were me I would prefer something a bit earlier in the morning. For your return flight you will have tons of time.

While we don't usually use cruiseline transfers..we did on our last Alaska cruise..We arrived at YVR and were a "Cruise Direct" which meant we didn't have to claim our luggage it was sent directly to the ship..so from the plane we walked right through immigration and directly onto the transfer bus and within 15 min we were on our way to Ballantyne (which is where RCI docked at that time)..couldn't have been quicker or easier....

While we don't usually use cruiseline transfers..we did on our last Alaska cruise..We arrived at YVR and were a "Cruise Direct" which meant we didn't have to claim our luggage it was sent directly to the ship..so from the plane we walked right through immigration and directly onto the transfer bus and within 15 min we were on our way to Ballantyne (which is where RCI docked at that time)..couldn't have been quicker or easier....

Ashland, that was a great program, it was called US Direct, but unfortunately it was terminated at the end of the 2010 Alaska cruise season and there is no hint as to it being reinstated for this year. It came down to dollars and the cruise lines were not willing to pass the cost of it on to passengers so that was that......:(

Ashland, that was a great program, it was called US Direct, but unfortunately it was terminated at the end of the 2010 Alaska cruise season and there is no hint as to it being reinstated for this year. It came down to dollars and the cruise lines were not willing to pass the cost of it on to passengers so that was that......:(

Yes it was...and I guess we just made it as we sailed the end of May 2010..We'll be sailing on the May 17, 2013 northbound..so I guess we'll be on our own ;)

Archived