Carnival and Fantasy-Race

So tonight, I was watching as the ships were sailing out on their voyages. it was about 6:45PM or so, and the Fantasy was behind a Carnival Ship. My parents live about 20 or so miles from the Port, so it is fun to watch the ships. Anyhow....tonight, I am not sure which Carnival Ship was out there, but Fantasy was behind it, then it moved up along side of it, and eventually pulled out ahead. They looked very close together, and I can only imagine how fun that must have been seeing the ships next to each other! I wonder if they were having a battle of the horns? :) I am posting a pic from my parent's balcony, obviously they are too far out to get a decent pic, but yes, both ships are in this pic. My dad said due to a storm, the ships were closer to the shore than normal, but still very far out. I can imagine they are all having a blast!

CruiseShips.jpg

It was a parade of cruise ships out of there today.

NCL Sun left first, then Carnival Ecstasy, then Carnival Dream, then Disney Fantasy.

I also live quite close to the port but did not feel like dealing w/the traffic and hoopla of the Disney ship so did not go in person, but I have seen pics :)

Archived