5 hour mini-van tour in bermuda???

Rocky123

I'm going to Bermuda next week and have a large on board credit to use up. I can use it on drinks or in the stores...

The ship has a 5 hour tour on a mini-van for $80 per person. It is a tour of the entire island of Bermuda. Also a 30 min. stop in one town to shop..

Would I be better to just try to find my own van outside the ship and just pay the driver?? Is it difficult to find 2 more couples for the van and split the fee??

Thanks.

I'm going to Bermuda next week and have a large on board credit to use up. I can use it on drinks or in the stores...

The ship has a 5 hour tour on a mini-van for $80 per person. It is a tour of the entire island of Bermuda. Also a 30 min. stop in one town to shop..

Would I be better to just try to find my own van outside the ship and just pay the driver?? Is it difficult to find 2 more couples for the van and split the fee??

Thanks.

You would be better off finding your own. A taxi van tour. It will be about $35 to $50 an hour depending on how many in the taxi van. We had six and my share was $25 a few years ago for a four hour tour. Likely the cruise line is using the same taxi van and pocketing the difference.

But...if you have a large OBC to spend, the ship's version makes a lot of sense, because it won't cost you anything additional (other than a tip to the driver).

If they are desperate to find a way to use the credit. I would suggest they splurge on stuff they might not usually do. Like the spa and/or the specialty restaurants. Expensive bottle of wine, etc. They would be wasting part of their credit using it on a cruise excursion in Bermuda.

If they are desperate to find a way to use the credit. I would suggest they splurge on stuff they might not usually do. Like the spa and/or the specialty restaurants. Expensive bottle of wine, etc. They would be wasting part of their credit using it on a cruise excursion in Bermuda.

I agree, that makes more sense than wasting your OBC on an over priced ship excursion. We paid a taxi driver $160 for a 4 1/2 hour tour, for 4, last year

I agree, that makes more sense than wasting your OBC on an over priced ship excursion. We paid a taxi driver $160 for a 4 1/2 hour tour, for 4, last year

Everything the ship sells you is overpriced. Spa services and wine are every bit as overpriced as cruise line tours. I don't see where spending it one overpriced product or service is better than spending it on a different overpriced product or service.

Everything the ship sells you is overpriced. Spa services and wine are every bit as overpriced as cruise line tours. I don't see where spending it one overpriced product or service is better than spending it on a different overpriced product or service.

You can't get the ship spa services, ship specialty restaurants etc. for less though. That is the difference. By all means though if they can't think of anything better they would like to do with the credit they should use it on the tour.

Archived