Disney Dream - 4 nighter questions

declansdad

Can anyone tell me what type of activities are available on-board? Is there an extra charge for activities. We have only sailed on Carnival and some activities like the bingo charge you $20.

Is there a daily paper delivered to your cabin like the Fun Times with Carnival. If so, does anyone have it available on line?

At Castaway Cay, is there a charge for the activities or are they include in the cruise?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Some activities are free, some cost additional. Bingo you do pay for the cards. You can swim at Castaway Cay for free but to get fins and a floatie jacket type thing cost a nominal fee (you're welcome to bring your own, though). On the ship the tours are free as are trivia contests, the Mickey 200 vegetable car race, the diaper race and tons of other minor activities. Wine and other alcohol tastings charge (about $15 as I recall for a Cognac tasting). Other classes like towel animal making are free as I recall.

Movies in the Buena Vista Theater are free (first run from the various Disney labels). There's a humongous on-demand TV and movie selection available in your stateroom all for free.

The daily newspaper is called the Navigator and it is delivered to your room the previous night usually. There are tons of past ones available at this site:

http://castawayclub.com/ (Just click on Navigators)

They should give a complete idea of what's available and also the various fees for things.

Doobie.

Doobie.

Can anyone tell me what type of activities are available on-board? Is there an extra charge for activities. We have only sailed on Carnival and some activities like the bingo charge you $20.

You pay extra for Bingo, wine/tequila/etc. tastings, spa services, shore excurions, shopping, alcohol, a few excercise classes, video arcade (the video games in the kids clubs are free).

Included are the pool, ping pong, other deck games, deck parties, clubs, soda, ship tours, health club, and on and on.

Is there a daily paper delivered to your cabin like the Fun Times with Carnival. If so, does anyone have it available on line?

Yes, Google Disney Navigator and you'll find tons of examples.

At Castaway Cay, is there a charge for the activities or are they include in the cruise?

There's a nominal fee for bike rental, para-sailing, and a few other things. You could spend the day there without spending a dime though.

Thanks for the quick replies, it helps with the decision. My worry is that 4 nighter is too short.

As far as I'm concerned, any cruise is too short but, that said, I think a 4-night is fine. My first 3 cruises were all 7 nights so I expected to feel like the 4-night was very short but it wasn't. It still felt like a great vacation. Maybe I'd have felt different had it been my first time, I don't know.

Doobie.

As far as I'm concerned, any cruise is too short but, that said, I think a 4-night is fine. My first 3 cruises were all 7 nights so I expected to feel like the 4-night was very short but it wasn't. It still felt like a great vacation. Maybe I'd have felt different had it been my first time, I don't know.

Doobie.

Great to know. We have done two a nine night and a 5 night.

Archived