cinqua terra in May

cocawa

Our group of 6 is going on our first cruise and we're having trouble finding out how to go from Livorno to Cinqua Terra. any suggestions?

Really far south of the cinque terre - seriously doubt whether any reputable company would offer you a one-day round trip from Livorno. If you are on an overnight, that is another issue. The five towns are a destination unto themselves - or possibly as an e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d jaunt from Genoa.

Our group of 6 is going on our first cruise and we're having trouble finding out how to go from Livorno to Cinqua Terra. any suggestions?

I see this is your first post - welcome to Cruise Critic!

I agree that it it is far and trains can be inconsistent but Cinque Terre is a wonderful place. Too stressful for me to do though I've read of lots of others making the trip from Livorno.

While certainly Oceania cruisers are a wealth of information and can offer you suggestions from their experience, for a general 'port' type question you can get a lot of info from the Ports of Call boards. For Italy: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

We looked at taking the trains from Livorno to Cinque Terre. We overnight in Livorno and booked a wine tour for day 1. Since some of CT has reopened I looked into getting there for day 2. There is a train that leaves at 6:30am. We are thinking about taking that so we can catch a 2:30pm train back to Livorno. Our ship leaves at 6pm. I think that gives us a enough time to get back to the ship. The trip (train portion only) is about 90 minutes. We are not planning to do the entire hike - maybe visit 2 towns and have lunch.

Really far south of the cinque terre - seriously doubt whether any reputable company would offer you a one-day round trip from Livorno. If you are on an overnight, that is another issue. The five towns are a destination unto themselves - or possibly as an e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d jaunt from Genoa.

How far is it? We are looking at booking a tour from Livorno and have gotten quotes from 2 reputable companies inc Joe Bananas and neither said it is too far? We are in port from 8a to 8p. Appreciate some more info such has how long a drive?.

------------------

Helen

How far is it? We are looking at booking a tour from Livorno and have gotten quotes from 2 reputable companies inc Joe Bananas and neither said it is too far? We are in port from 8a to 8p. Appreciate some more info such has how long a drive?.

------------------

Helen

Local Tour companies are saying four hours travel time (two in each direction) but that can be optimistic:

http://www.drivingguidetours.com/index.php/shore-excursions-cinque-terre-from-livorno.html

If the ship is in Livorno on a weekend or on an Italian Holiday,the crowds can be suffocating.

163216.jpg

Archived