Best and cheap transporation from Seattle Airport

lulabug

Here is what I found from the Seattle Convention & Visitors Bureau:

From Seatac airport your options are as follows:

1) Depart from the baggage claim level via cab to the cruise ship terminal. Cabs are $2.50 per pickup and $2.00 per mile on a metered rate. Additional passengers are .50 each. Approximate fare to the cruise terminals is $35-$45.

2) Take Grayline’s Cruise Express from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac) to the Seattle cruise terminals.

Cruise Express leaves the SeaTac Airport every 30 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays. The services runs from mid morning to mid afternoon from the Gray Line of Seattle/Downtown Airporter desk. The desk is located at the south end of baggage claim, just past baggage carousel 1. For your return to SeaTac Airport, Cruise Express departs the cruise ship terminals every 30 minutes.

Cruise Express is available on the day of ship embarkation and debarkation only.

To board:

At the airport, proceed to the Gray Line of Seattle desk at the south end of baggage claim. Follow the signs to Scheduled Airporter Services, Door 00. The desk is located in the atrium just beyond baggage carousel 1. You will board the Downtown Airporter, then transfer to the Cruise Express motor coach in downtown Seattle.

At the cruise ship terminal, ask a shore services representative for directions to the your motor coach. You will be taken directly to the SeaTac Airport.

To purchase tickets:

Online at www.graylineofseattle.com. Credit card is required. Please note the schedule below. Your ticket will only be good for regularly scheduled Cruise Express departures.

Upon arrival in Seattle, proceed to the Gray Line of Seattle desk located at the south end of baggage claim just beyond baggage carousel 1.

Pricing:

From Sea-Tac Airport

From Select Downtown Hotels

$20 Adult, round-trip

$6 Adult, one-way

$12 Adult, one-way

$6 child, one-way

$14 Child, round-trip

$10 Child, one-way

I am a big fan of public transportation (have ridden it in many different cities, just not Seattle yet). Does anyone have any experience riding the route 174 Metro bus from the airport to downtown? I am wondering if it would be impossible to get my suitcase on the bus? It is an airport bus, so I would have to assume that many people bring luggage on and off though. I think it is about $2 or $5 to ride the bus.

Metro

I am a big fan of public transportation (have ridden it in many different cities, just not Seattle yet). Does anyone have any experience riding the route 174 Metro bus from the airport to downtown? I am wondering if it would be impossible to get my suitcase on the bus? It is an airport bus, so I would have to assume that many people bring luggage on and off though. I think it is about $2 or $5 to ride the bus.

Metro

I have taken the bus many times when staying at cheap airport hotels and going to Pikes Market. I wouldn't be hauling anything more than a single small bag on board however. This bus is taken by a lot of airport employees rather than visitors it seems when I have been on board.

Archived