Evening Entertainment Schedule

Carnevale

We'll be on our first OCL cruise this summer. We'll make dinner reservations as soon as we can but are wondering what time to aim for (assuming / hoping there will be some choice by the time we can book). We love to get in a little dancing every evening. We know there isn't much ballroom dancing on OCL (at least that what's we been told but we'd love to hear we are wrong). So to get in as much as we can, if anyone can tell us when the dancing usually happens (and where on the ship - we'll be on Riviera) we'd appreciate it. We'd hate to end up with our reservations all overlapping with the dance times.

The schedule varies significantly, depending on what else is happening around the ship. To give you some idea of what to expect, I've posted three "Daily Currents":

113629.jpg

113901.jpg114110.jpg Sorry about the size, this was as big as I could get them. :o

I would say the majority of the shows start at 9:45 pm they do have some dance music before the show then after the show some dance music in Horizons around 10:30-11pm

Most people are tucked up by midnight or earlier;)

I would say the majority of the shows start at 9:45 pm they do have some dance music before the show then after the show some dance music in Horizons around 10:30-11pm

Most people are tucked up by midnight or earlier;)

That is what I thought before I checked my programs. Turns out that there is dancing in Horizons from 6PM to 7:45PM (less the usual breaks), then the band goes down to the Marina Lounge to play for half an hour before the show.

After that, they are back in Horizons (again, less breaks) from 9PM until 1AM.

Apparently, Oceania is a Terpsichorian wonderland, and I've never noticed...:o

That is what I thought before I checked my programs. Turns out that there is dancing in Horizons from 6PM to 7:45PM (less the usual breaks), then the band goes down to the Marina Lounge to play for half an hour before the show.

After that, they are back in Horizons (again, less breaks) from 9PM until 1AM.

I guess I am too busy eating or getting ready to chow down to notice the 6pm dance session :D

I thought the band was usually in the lounge during the show (at least on the r-ships they were)

Good to know for those that dance ;)

YKW was always the one playing the music for people to dance so I never had a partner :(

Lyn

Many thanks for all of this great info and for posting the schedules (interesting to get the overview of some full days)! I'm delighted to see there is this much dancing - much more than I had been led to believe. It will really help to have this much dance time as a way of off-setting some of the effects of all of the good food I understand we'll have.:)

Archived