dvd players?

Amber14

My understanding was suites only but you can hook one up (or a laptop.)

We never travel without ours. ( MUTS, Movies Under Tractile Sound)

Hooks up in seconds and is used to play pre recorded DVD movies, specials, etc., but also favourite DVD pre recorded music taken from the TV satellite audio supply. The units weights next to nothing and is tucked into the computer bags. When being process by airport security be sure and present it out of the bag along with the computer in order to facilitate clearance and prevent delay.

We never travel without ours. ( MUTS, Movies Under Tractile Sound)

Hooks up in seconds and is used to play pre recorded DVD movies, specials, etc., but also favourite DVD pre recorded music taken from the TV satellite audio supply. The units weights next to nothing and is tucked into the computer bags. When being process by airport security be sure and present it out of the bag along with the computer in order to facilitate clearance and prevent delay.

Which unit do you have? I just got a WD TV unit for our next cruise since we got tired of watching incomplete movies or I Love Lucy reruns. ;)

Which unit do you have? I just got a WD TV unit for our next cruise since we got tired of watching incomplete movies or I Love Lucy reruns. ;)

It is a DYNEX DVD Player Model DX-DVD2 9" x 9" x 1 3/4"

It is a DYNEX DVD Player Model DX-DVD2 9" x 9" x 1 3/4"

I see that it's a DVD player. I opted for a small stand alone HD fed into the WD TV unit. It saves lots of room + I don't need the laptop or DVD player.

It a shame they people have to resort to bringing their own entertainment aboard a cruise ship but we got tired of having nothing to watch late night. Now with the 30 minute main shows & nothing afterward, we'll be needing it more than ever.

It a shame they people have to resort to bringing their own entertainment aboard a cruise ship but we got tired of having nothing to watch late night. Now with the 30 minute main shows & nothing afterward, we'll be needing it more than ever.

I think we'll be hooking up my laptop to watch movies on. I just purchased 2 complete seasons of a favorite show and a box set of 3 movies I've been saving for the train/ship. I guess maybe we should sail with all of the slots in the disk holder full...

I think we'll be hooking up my laptop to watch movies on. I just purchased 2 complete seasons of a favorite show and a box set of 3 movies I've been saving for the train/ship. I guess maybe we should sail with all of the slots in the disk holder full...

We've been avoiding watching the following since most of them are now being shown either on MUTS, theater or in the cabin.

Anonymous

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Footloose (2011)

Johnny English Reborn

Just Go With It

Like Crazy

Moneyball

Puss In Boots

Real Steel

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The Three Musketeers

Tower Heist

Warrior

We've been avoiding watching the following since most of them are now being shown either on MUTS, theater or in the cabin.

Anonymous

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Footloose (2011)

Johnny English Reborn

Just Go With It

Like Crazy

Moneyball

Puss In Boots

Real Steel

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The Three Musketeers

Tower Heist

Warrior

Thanks for that info. The only one I really hope is still there when we sail is Puss in Boots. I'm a big fan of animation, especially Pixar and Dreamworks. We haven't seen any of the others either so we should be good to go. In our entertainment email, they only mentioned two.

The Descendants

The Artist.

On our recent Panama Canal Cruise I used a VGA cable from my little netbook computer to the TV and that worked great. I have a small amplified remote speaker that I plug into the netbook and place it right by the head of our bed. That way we don't need to crank the TV's sound up and bother the neighbors late at night.

Thanks for that info. The only one I really hope is still there when we sail is Puss in Boots. I'm a big fan of animation, especially Pixar and Dreamworks. We haven't seen any of the others either so we should be good to go. In our entertainment email, they only mentioned two.

The Descendants

The Artist.

Yes in recent week those tow have been mentioned as now being shown.

I'm not sure but I've got a feeling that Puss in Boots might only be shown during the day on MUTS which means fighting for a seat by the pool, although they might show it in the cabin since it's is still spring break for many kids.

Yes in recent week those tow have been mentioned as now being shown.

I'm not sure but I've got a feeling that Puss in Boots might only be shown during the day on MUTS which means fighting for a seat by the pool, although they might show it in the cabin since it's is still spring break for many kids.

I recently got off the Emerald, and Puss and Boots was shown during the day. It was a 10 day cruise and there were a few repeats, but the movies I remember being shown at night for MUTS were...

The Artist (I loved this movie anyway, but it was a great fit for MUTS)

The Descendents

Thor

Johnny English: Reborn

Real Steel

Moneyball

Footloose

The only one I watched was The Artist, as I've been wanting to watch it for a while, but held out to see at MUTS when I heard it would be onboard. I had already seen Moneyball and the Descendents.

Archived