Carlisle Bay worth it?

jasminelee

Carlisle is definitely worth it, even if you don't snorkel.

IMO, Carlisle is the better choice for non-snorkelers.

Do a Google Image search, you'll see what I mean. It's a mile of heaven on earth...

Cheers, P:)

• 3 weeks later...
Carlisle is definitely worth it, even if you don't snorkel.

IMO, Carlisle is the better choice for non-snorkelers.

Do a Google Image search, you'll see what I mean. It's a mile of heaven on earth...

Thanks! We've been to Barbados many times ... but not to Carlisle Beach.

My first trip to Barbados was on Carnival. I had booked us a booze cruise with Heatwave. We walked off the cruise ship, through the terminal and got picked up at the south gate. A few minutes later, we arrived at the Boatyard, and as we walked through the gate, through the bar and onto the beach I swore I had just died and gone to heaven.

We walked down the pier and onto our catamaran, and all I could think about was, "This is exactly like you see it on all those postcards - white sand and that amazing blue/green water, flat as a sheet of glass, as far as the eye can see".

...but that's just me...

There's a reason why my avatar is a Bajan hawksbill - someday I hope to retire there...

You will love Carlisle Bay!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your time to post the links! More great photos for sure! :)

Thanks aplmac! Are those umbrellas in the picture available for rent or do they belong to a hotel? I've read reviews about lack of shade and umbrellas. That was my only concern with going to this beach. Of course, I'll be in the water. It's my friends that I'm concerned about. :rolleyes:

Awwww, Such wonderful pictures! Takes me right back!

Thanks for posting... :)

Thanks aplmac! Are those umbrellas in the picture available for rent or do they belong to a hotel?
Those umbrellas are Lobster Alive's umbrellas

and while stocks last, one of them is for you.

• 4 months later...

Turns out we have been to Carlisle Bay a couple of times -- Boatyard and Lobsters Alive. Silly us ... just didn't realize they were located on Carlisle Bay . :rolleyes:

Seems there are lots of different beaches on Carlisle Bay. In January we are planning to go to Harbor Lights which is also located on Carlisle Bay.

Once again, the great sites with photos were much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't Browne's Beach a part of Carlisle Bay? Our ship has 2 excursions - one says Carlisle Bay and the other says Copacabana Beach Day. They're both the same price and include a chair and umbrella. Seems like they are going to different parts of the same place to me.:confused:

Copacabana's and Browne's Beach are all on the same mile-long stretch of sand along Carlisle Bay.

Carlisle Bay is just south of the cruise terminal and has The Boatyard and Lobster Alive at the north end and The Hilton at the south end. Browne's is near the south end of the bay, just north of the Hilton.

The Hilton is on Needham's Point, which basically divides the south shore from the west shore of the island...

would like info on what to do on various islands on Norweign Sun.

Kathy .... Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

You would probably enjoy going to the Ports of Call section here on CC and checking under each of your port stops. There's lots of good information from other members tellling what they did and enjoyed in each. You may certainly ask questions there as well.

Have fun planning! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copacabana's and Browne's Beach are all on the same mile-long stretch of sand along Carlisle Bay.

Carlisle Bay is just south of the cruise terminal and has The Boatyard and Lobster Alive at the north end and The Hilton at the south end. Browne's is near the south end of the bay, just north of the Hilton.

The Hilton is on Needham's Point, which basically divides the south shore from the west shore of the island...

Thanks. We did a day pass at the Hilton one year. And then we did the turtles by catamaran and they beached the boat and I'm pretty sure it was right at what is now the Copacabana.

• 3 months later...

Archived