Ecstasy? More like misery.

I believe the problem is that the original cabin that they carefully picked and paid for in full is now someone else's. Am I correct?

I would get on the phone and not get off until I was happy. But remember, to be cheerful and appreciative. You will get better results that way,.

That's correct. We just wanted to sail with the cabin we booked. And I am trying VERY HARD to be nice to these people, but it's getting harder and harder. When I decide to stop being nice I'll have my wife call them. She's a litigation paralegal and excels at not being nice to people when the situation calls for it. I've had to talk her down twice from trying to call Micky Arison and the entire Board of Directors of Carnival.

Uh, actually no. You might want to re-read what I actually posted. I was interested in the upgrade at the lower price, but I didn't want to cancel when they raised the price, I wanted to stay with the cabin I originally booked. And I told them that. Instead, they proceeded to process the upgrade. But they did not bill me for it or even notify me that I had been billed. They just cancelled my entire booking when I didn't pay for the upgrade that I didn't agree to. Along with my shore excursion and chef's table as well.

No. I understood that. I said that Carnival messed up. What I meant was, that you were going to do the upgrade at first and were happy with that. I was trying to say make the best of it and remember the time when you were happy with the upgrade (at the lower price). You said that you checked with your wife about the upgrade and she agreed to it (originally).

Maggie

No. I understood that. I said that Carnival messed up. What I meant was, that you were going to do the upgrade at first and were happy with that. I was trying to say make the best of it and remember the time when you were happy with the upgrade (at the lower price). You said that you checked with your wife about the upgrade and she agreed to it (originally).

Maggie

Well, I would STILL be happy with the upgrade. I might even pay the extra bait and switch $$$ just to make this go away. But the cabin is no longer available. I just told my wife to call them and she said something along the lines of "COWABUNGA I'M GONNA KICK SOME EXECUTIVE ASS".

Well it might not have been those words exactly, but I've heard that tone of voice before, I know what it means. It means we're probably NOT going on a crusie for one thing. :mad:

I have a pretty good feeling that if we read the review after this cruise happens (if this cruise happens), it will not be a very good one. Clearly you are not going to be happy campers (cruisers) if this has turned into this big of a mountain. I'd recommend trying something else, IMHO.

Sorry if this incident has given you a bad introduction to cruising. If you can cancel with no penalty and keep your airfare, maybe you can find book a different cruise around the dates of your flights. There are so many options available in South Florida, you can find something you 2 will enjoy. Hope you get your hard-earned vacation somewhere and we all know the woman better be happy, too.

I just told my wife to call them and she said something along the lines of "COWABUNGA I'M GONNA KICK SOME EXECUTIVE ASS".

Since as it stands neither the original cabin you booked and liked, which they prematurely gave away is available, and the second cabin, which was a bait and switch, is no longer available, and the third cabin is one you find inferior, besides having all kinds of bad energy attached to it, I say good on her.

Most executives are in need of extra alimentary exits ; -)

And she MAY get some kind of good result!

Wow, sure I'd be upset, but really? Wanting to cancel and refuse to have a good time because of this? If the cabin means that much to you I would call Carnival and keep calling and talk to a supervisor. It is not your fault that this was done and you should at least be able to get your original cabin back even if it means moving whomever they have now booked into it. It was their fault.

I really hope that you decide to go. There are worse things that could happen. Worse then having a smaller balcony. Hope you decide to go and have a great cruise. But remember, if you go with the intention of not having a good time, then you won't.

Well, I would STILL be happy with the upgrade. I might even pay the extra bait and switch $$$ just to make this go away. But the cabin is no longer available. I just told my wife to call them and she said something along the lines of "COWABUNGA I'M GONNA KICK SOME EXECUTIVE ASS".

Well it might not have been those words exactly, but I've heard that tone of voice before, I know what it means. It means we're probably NOT going on a crusie for one thing. :mad:

Although it would be funny to use Cowabunga on a call to a company. The customer service rep would think that you are completely crazy. lol

I have a pretty good feeling that if we read the review after this cruise happens (if this cruise happens), it will not be a very good one. Clearly you are not going to be happy campers (cruisers) if this has turned into this big of a mountain. I'd recommend trying something else, IMHO.

While I will readily admit that this experience has colored my perception of Carnival, I would not do a "Klassy Kruiser" hatchet job no matter what. If I sail, if I write a review, I'll include the preliminaries, but would also be very factual indeed about what I experience on whatever ship I end up on.

I've seen what happens to people who don't come correct with their reviews.

Wow, sure I'd be upset, but really? Wanting to cancel and refuse to have a good time because of this? If the cabin means that much to you I would call Carnival and keep calling and talk to a supervisor. It is not your fault that this was done and you should at least be able to get your original cabin back even if it means moving whomever they have now booked into it. It was their fault.

I really hope that you decide to go. There are worse things that could happen. Worse then having a smaller balcony. Hope you decide to go and have a great cruise. But remember, if you go with the intention of not having a good time, then you won't.

There certainly are worse things that could happen. I am determined to give cruising a try, I've wanted to do it for years. But I'm also determined not to disappoint my wife and/or not get what I pay for.

Funny thing, now that she's talking to people in Miami (not to the call center in south nowhere) they CAN see the 348 offer that the customer service people I spoke with couldn't find. And they can't find any indication that I ever agreed to the upgrade. But they do see that soemone put it through. (Let's go to the tape folks, not for nothing call centers record these interactions) They're falling all over themselves to apologize, let's see what they can do now.

I just want to meet the CEO...

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d**kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s**t he is! Hallelujah! Holy s**t! Where's the Tylenol?"

I feel better now... thanks Clark.

Since as it stands neither the original cabin you booked and liked, which they prematurely gave away is available, and the second cabin, which was a bait and switch, is no longer available, and the third cabin is one you find inferior, besides having all kinds of bad energy attached to it, I say good on her.

Most executives are in need of extra alimentary exits ; -)

And she MAY get some kind of good result!

I don't think it was the Executive who screwed up the reservation and rooms, it was the hourly wage earner. Why do people always blame the executives? Is it jealousy that they have a better job and life than you do?

Funny thing, now that she's talking to people in Miami (not to the call center in south nowhere) they CAN see the 348 offer that the customer service people I spoke with couldn't find. And they can't find any indication that I ever agreed to the upgrade. But they do see that soemone put it through. (Let's go to the tape folks, not for nothing call centers record these interactions) They're falling all over themselves to apologize, let's see what they can do now.

Good luck! Waiting to hear what transpires!

There certainly are worse things that could happen. I am determined to give cruising a try, I've wanted to do it for years. But I'm also determined not to disappoint my wife and/or not get what I pay for.

I just want to meet the CEO...

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d**kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s**t he is! Hallelujah! Holy s**t! Where's the Tylenol?"

I feel better now... thanks Clark.

LOL

But seriously.. I can't help but wonder if y'all will even enjoy it now. I certainly hope that y'all go, and hope even more that y'all will have the time of your life. Just concerned that this will make it a failure from the start. If y'all do make the cruise, I encourage you to start with a clean slate, because it is definitely what you make it. Hope it works out for ya!

I don't think it was the Executive who screwed up the reservation and rooms, it was the hourly wage earner. Why do people always blame the executives? Is it jealousy that they have a better job and life than you do?

Because the Executive has the ultimate responsibility for that hourly wages earners actions. It is their job to ensure that everyone below him does their job the right way and not screw things up like they did.

I read that you suggest to BUMP ANOTHER CUSTOMER so the OP can get it back.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A carnival fix should not involve screwing another customer :rolleyes:

I had two ideas genius. And yes, Carnival can and will bump you from your cabin if they see fit. Check out your cruise contract:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Interesting that you assume that I am not an executive myself. (I am not jealous of anyone as far as that goes.) Also, you infer that we blamed the executives. Not the case. But if you want to get anything done, you start at the top.

That seems to be working too. We might not get our old cabin, can't take it back so to speak, but they've magically found us that same upgrade at the original price.

I would just call back and speak with a supervisor, tell them you do not feel compensated, and ask for free upgrade to a suite. They will give it to you. I always complain when something like this happens and usually the company will do something to please the consumer. 40 bucks would not please me.

A couple of weeks ago I had to deal with an overbooking in a Hotel. There were no rooms when I got there and the hotel pretty much turned me away. After fighting with the front desk lady, I called choice hotels directly. They booked me in a Comfort Suites 1 bedroom suite with kitchen and hot tub, instead of a standard room at a rode way inn. I had to pay the difference that night, but was directed to call customer affairs the next morning. The next morning I called and was refunded the difference. I was happy to take the difference, as we drove around form hours and every hotel was sold out.

One time I even emailed the CEO of entertainment books, out of frustration that they cancelled my online access the day before it was actually supposed to be up. I talked to customer service agents who said they would have to look into it, and received 2 emails that were a standardized response. After I emailed the CEO hours later I received an email from the manager of the customer service dept offering me a 2012 membership free. Generally, if you can find out .com part of the email address, the rest is just there name.

I had two ideas genius. And yes, Carnival can and will bump you from your cabin if they see fit. Check out your cruise contract:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

+1

I booked a cabin that can hold 3 on my next cruise for me and my friend. The Carnival agent told me there was a possibility that if a cabin for 3 was needed I would be given another cabin. So it is definatly possible.

I didn't say they can't. They can also cancel your cruise if they don't like their morning coffee, doesn't mean it's a good thing to do or the way to deal with customers.

the number of ideas you have is irrelevant, doesn't make the one to bump another customer and piss off another one to be a good one and a terrible way to handle the CS issues.

But yes, I would appear to be a genius compared to you in your eyes, since I would be able to point out pissing off another customer is not a good way to solve CS issues.:o

They have an available Grand Suite with Extended Balconies for that cruise, I would demand an upgrade for free (but I'd settle for the original $348).

I think new cruisers make the mistake of judging all cruises by probably one time incidents of "human error" (which you can't take out of the equation no matter if you went to Harvard or the local community college) and one cruiseline experience. RCL is not equal to Carnival nor is Carnival equal to RCL and neither (IMO) are greater than.

Judge a cruise vacation by a cruise vacation, then judge if you want to try another company.

"Gee, I really love my room cleaned and freshened twice a day and cute towel animals left on my bed, nothing but on the horizon but the water meeting the sunset, having a designated driver (captain) and all my entertainment, food a few feet or so away from my bed, I love laying in the sun half the day, and going to Senior frogs etc."

"But I sure would have liked a rocky climbing wall, a mall in the middle of the ship, extra pay restaurants, a zip line, and a Aqua stadium off the back."

So, you like cruising, but maybe another line is best for you.

Most everyone on this site loves cruising, though we may disagree on what we like about it, who to cruise, where to go, and what exactly constitutes a chair hog, but..........one commonality is all we need.

Give cruising a chance........forget its a Carnival ship. Pay attention to what a cruise vacation offers this go round.

Not a cruise expert here but, just as a savvy consumer, this sounds like a squeaky wheel deal.

I would get myself a large hot beverage of choice and pick a time when I could sit on hold and then call and work my way up the food chain until I found someone with an I.Q. larger than their shoe size who could understand the ramifications of what has happened and with the clout to make something happen.

And I wouldn't stop until I was satisfied. Because if I was your wife every time I entered that cabin I would be pissed. And I would hate feeling that way for an entire trip.

Hold their feet to the flames.

What she said!:mad:

I definately agree with you, especially since we are talking about the Ecstasy. She's nice but definately not shiny & new!

Archived