Here are pics of Solstice's largest angled balcony (Cabin 9192)!

kimcheeboy

I do not like the first set of pictures. Too long and closed off. Give me a regular balcony or one at the end of the hump which is wider. Happy sailing.

The OP's photos seem to have been taken with a fisheye lens, distorting the image and making the balcony appear much longer and narrower than it is. I will be in 9292 on the Reflection this summer - same cabin on the rear bump. In the hot, steamy Mediterranean we will be thankful for the shady balcony!

• 1 year later...
Yes it is . I have stayed there ...three times...it's aweful.;)

:D Please people ...don't book these cabins !!

HAHA - I think the 'secret's out'! We dined with you - select dining on the Equinox (I think; getting my ships mixed up) some time ago....haven't lost your sense of humour I see! We're considering 9292 next Spring - same off the hump type of cabin? We've also stayed in the long verandah type cabin and found it super. Shade when you want it and sun out by the rail.

The actual balcony doesn't look quite like most of these pictures. I was afraid they would be dark and tunnel-like, but they weren't at all. I love these balconies. They are two sizes, so if you are worried, you could try the smaller one. It is so nice to have a space where you can get out of the sun, that is really private. It does not make the room dark.

• 9 months later...

We are considering the Eclipse in 2017for a port heavy Med cruisse. We have never sailed X before and have no idea of what to expect for the balconies. Are the Eclipse angled balconies the same as those pictured? And are some of the A1s different sizes than others? Is it better to be at one end of the hump than the other?

We usually prefer an aft balcony. I am not sure if the cost difference is justified, so any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thank you.:)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

We are considering the Eclipse in 2017for a port heavy Med cruisse. We have never sailed X before and have no idea of what to expect for the balconies. Are the Eclipse angled balconies the same as those pictured? And are some of the A1s different sizes than others? Is it better to be at one end of the hump than the other?

We usually prefer an aft balcony. I am not sure if the cost difference is justified, so any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thank you.:)

Yes, eclipse is the same. The first and third balconies off of the flat parts of the ship are the largest, approximately three times larger. The second and fourth are approximately two times larger. I've had one of the largest ones and I DID feel that it made the room dark; when we walked down the hall and glanced into rooms with regular balconies they all seemed a lot sunnier than ours

We have a similar location on Silhouette on an upcoming cruise: #1075--can't wait!! I've heard one advantage to this location is you can look forward towards the bridge. We've been in the 2nd cabin on the hump on Eclipse (9194 I believe) and loved it too, but could not see forward from the balcony. We don't spend much time in the interior of the cabin. , so if there is less interior sunlight it's not an issue for us. We love to eat breakfast on the large balcony though. Heaven!

Thanks for posting the pics!!