Aristocat Charters - Critique

Normal 1

Just back from our cruise and used Aristocat Charters for a sail/snorkel excursion. Approximately $100 pp included lunch and soft drinks/beer. Had approximately 20 on board.

First sailed to Norman Island for snorkeling and ended up anchoring in 3 separate areas around the island. Would have also stopped at the Indians but the water was too choppy.

The snorkeling was FABULOUS....Lots of colorful coral and tons of fish!! Was a bit disappointed we didn't get to the Indians as the snorkeling was reported as being even better.

The lunch served was good and plentiful. The beverages cold and refreshing! The 2 gals that were our 'guides' did a great job and were very familiar with the area offering tips to maximize our experience.

I would give this excursion a solid A and if ever in Tortola again, will book with them again and will hopefully get to experience the Indians!!

I was also on this excursion with Karen (Normal 1) and would agree. I was a bit disappointed about not getting to snorkel the Indians, but Aristocat had no control over the conditions. Great snorkeling, plenty of food and drink and a great crew. We were picked up and dropped off right near the ship.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

They customized it to our time in port. We were in port from 7am till 3:30pm. They picked us up at 7:45am and had us back at around 2:15pm.

All of the people on the Catamaran were from our ship.

--Janna

Actually, it was probably more like 2:30 that they got us back. Plenty of time to make it back on the ship, but not enough time to do anything else. Karen, do you remember what time they brought us back, specifically?

--Janna

Hey Janna. No, don't know exactly but believe we left the last snorkel stop about 1:15 and they thought it would take an hour to get back to port. No danger of missing the Ship but we did not have a ton of time to spare with a 3:00 back on board time.

They were very accomodating making the time flexible for our port times.

--Karen

They met us right at the ship. I think they go out of Sopers Hole when going to Jost van Dyke. They have two boats. We went to Norman Island on our trip with them.

I'm sure someone else on the boards will be able to help you with taxi costs.

Archived