RCCL get your facts straight

I am looking to take my first cruise in 2013-Southern Caribbean. I have called RCCL on several occasions for information when questions arise. There has been a definite pattern of inaccurate information.

1. I called to find out when the Adventure goes into dry dock only to be told on 3 different occasions 3 different answers. But my friend finally found the real answer on Cruise Critic - imagine that.

2. I called to find out when the cruise dates I am looking for are going to be released, once again several different answers.

Anyone else have this happen? My friend is convinced the reps must be on the opposite end of a need to know basis, leading me to believe she has experienced the same things I have - especially when she is the one to have recommended CC.

When I attend Meet & Mingle meetings on board RCCL ships I will usually hear how they read these boards and take the comments seriously. However, I would have to say that this is the #1 gripe about RCCL and they never seem to do anything about it.

I esspecially love when I ask the reps name and possible return number and they say, "You just have to call the 800 number we have no way of answering your call personally." Then you call back with a problem and the new rep says, "Who told you that?" ....What difference does it make I can't prove it. Information changes from each rep you talk to. CC does seem to have better information. You just have to not get caught up to much in personal preferances sounding like policy.

Just keep reading and asking. It's helped and saved me a lot!

I am looking to take my first cruise in 2013-Southern Caribbean. I have called RCCL on several occasions for information when questions arise. There has been a definite pattern of inaccurate information.

1. I called to find out when the Adventure goes into dry dock only to be told on 3 different occasions 3 different answers. But my friend finally found the real answer on Cruise Critic - imagine that.

2. I called to find out when the cruise dates I am looking for are going to be released, once again several different answers.

Anyone else have this happen? My friend is convinced the reps must be on the opposite end of a need to know basis, leading me to believe she has experienced the same things I have - especially when she is the one to have recommended CC.

Honestly, calling RCCL you're talking to a reservations agent which is about equivalent to someone doing tech support, meaning they're pretty much going off a script. You shouldn't expect them to know every little detail and some of them will know even less. Even calling C&A you might get a little more information, but I guarantee there are plenty of rumors floating around their offices as well. Maybe they should be clearer on when dates will be released, but to expect them to know dry dock schedules is a bit much IMO.

Just don't expect to pick up the phone and have a direct line to someone who can quickly and accurately answer every query about RCCL. Unless you've got money and Adam Goldstein's phone number, and even then he's probably not 100% in the loop either! :D

We just booked a cruise while on our cruise. The Royal Ambassador (what a joke) gave us all the wrong info about the ship we chose. Just told us what we wanted to hear. Then called an spoke to 3 people on the phone, no one knows what is available on their ships, lol. TA also called was told to e-mail. Very simple question "is their a consierge lounge and pool seating for suit guest" no one can answer! :confused:

Here's an example, read post 5.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1608091

BTW, while there is plenty of incorrect information here I usually find that if you keep reading, the correct information will follow.

I saw that post and don't consider that misinformation since the person that posted that was actually asking a question. It appeared to me that the poster was confusing earning points during a Diamonds in December event......and his answer was correct.

How about how, for months all of the "in the know" cruisers insisted that Royal Caribbean did not permit you to use their Tuesday Sales to upgrade existing bookings even though they do?

Or how people regularly insist that they know (from their steward, of course!) that the Liberty is going to Bayonne or the Sunshine ships are going to wherever the poster sails from, etc.

Let's not pretend rumors and misinformation don't exist here, too.

I find that calling the C&A desk usually works better. They seem to know their stuff a little better. I also like the instant online chat with RCCL. They have time to actually go get the information rather than try to move the telephone conversation along.

How about how, for months all of the "in the know" cruisers insisted that Royal Caribbean did not permit you to use their Tuesday Sales to upgrade existing bookings even though they do?

Or how people regularly insist that they know (from their steward, of course!) that the Liberty is going to Bayonne or the Sunshine ships are going to wherever the poster sails from, etc.

Let's not pretend rumors and misinformation don't exist here, too.

Not pretending at all that rumors and misinformation do not exist here. We have no control over RCI and C&A policy changes that happen frequently. We are well aware of RCI's Inconsistency Policy.:(

As far as rumors go..........never believe it until you see it in writing.

Not pretending at all that rumors and misinformation do not exist here. We have no control over RCI and C&A policy changes that happen frequently. We are well aware of RCI's Inconsistency Policy.:(

As far as rumors go..........never believe it until you see it in writing.

Bingo!

No, I am sorry. In the face of empirical evidence (repeated posters stating they were allowed to upgrade with the Tuesday Sale pricing) many of you shot them down and said it was never allowed and you KNEW it wasn't allowed. :rolleyes:

This board still does get quite a bit of misinformation. And all I am saying is it does no good to pretend it is any better than any other source of information.

We just booked a cruise while on our cruise. The Royal Ambassador (what a joke) gave us all the wrong info about the ship we chose. Just told us what we wanted to hear. Then called an spoke to 3 people on the phone, no one knows what is available on their ships, lol. TA also called was told to e-mail. Very simple question "is their a consierge lounge and pool seating for suit guest" no one can answer! :confused:

Which ship? Although pool seating for suite guests will not be right next to the pool, on Oasis and Allure for example.

I esspecially love when I ask the reps name and possible return number and they say, "You just have to call the 800 number we have no way of answering your call personally." Then you call back with a problem and the new rep says, "Who told you that?" ....What difference does it make I can't prove it. Information changes from each rep you talk to. CC does seem to have better information. You just have to not get caught up to much in personal preferances sounding like policy.

Just keep reading and asking. It's helped and saved me a lot!

I'm not sure if because I'm D, but I just booked a Medit cruise and the RCL Rep gave me her extension and told me she was my Rep. I'm not sure if this is a change, but in the past I was given the 800 # and told the first available Rep would take care of my travel needs.:p

I'm not sure if because I'm D, but I just booked a Medit cruise and the RCL Rep gave me her extension and told me she was my Rep. I'm not sure if this is a change, but in the past I was given the 800 # and told the first available Rep would take care of my travel needs.:p

All of the emails I get from RCCL reference a Certified Vacation Planner at RCCL and it's been the same since I signed up for C&A. I go through a TA now so it doesn't matter too much, but that's the case for me.

No, I am sorry. In the face of empirical evidence (repeated posters stating they were allowed to upgrade with the Tuesday Sale pricing) many of you shot them down and said it was never allowed and you KNEW it wasn't allowed. :rolleyes:

This board still does get quite a bit of misinformation. And all I am saying is it does no good to pretend it is any better than any other source of information.

Call RCI or C&A numerous times about the same question and see what kind of misinformation you get.

The cruise that we booked while on the Expl is Vision of the Seas. The Royal Amb. told us yes to all questions about suite perks. Really can't say which ones are real and which he just said yes too. I have called and got 3 different answers with 3 agents my TA called and they could not answer they told her to e-mail, lol, its a joke. :rolleyes:

I have a friend TA and she does some specialty rock and roll trips, and what she sometimes goes through to solve a problem is really something. There seems to be many levels of operation in RC and the communications between them is lacking, well most/some of the time. Management by the objectives sometimes is lacking in problem solving out side of the phone contact(all levels) objective.

Call RCI or C&A numerous times about the same question and see what kind of misinformation you get.

I never denied that. That is an issue that every cruise line deals with. Every company, in fact. My point was merely that CC seems to have this lofty sense of self as if no bad information is ever given out when, in fact, it happens here as well.

The cruise that we booked while on the Expl is Vision of the Seas. The Royal Amb. told us yes to all questions about suite perks. Really can't say which ones are real and which he just said yes too. I have called and got 3 different answers with 3 agents my TA called and they could not answer they told her to e-mail, lol, its a joke. :rolleyes:

No Concierge lounge on Vision until she gets her remake some time in 2013 (after the currently available season). And I don't believe that there's reserved pool seating for suite guests on any class of ship smaller than Voyager.

Was that you who asked on FB?:)

Archived