cabin near launderette

pawlett47

Hi

We have just received our cabin details on an upcoming Q.E. cruise and unfortunately it is no. 4067 which is right next to the launderette. Are we likely to experience a lot of noise whilst in the cabin? Also, is it worth asking if we can be moved to an alternative(booked guarantee outside obstructed) or is there any chance that we will be moved again before the cruise (2nd `may)?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi

We have just received our cabin details on an upcoming Q.E. cruise and unfortunately it is no. 4067 which is right next to the launderette. Are we likely to experience a lot of noise whilst in the cabin? Also, is it worth asking if we can be moved to an alternative(booked guarantee outside obstructed) or is there any chance that we will be moved again before the cruise (2nd `may)?

Thanks for any advice.

I have never experienced any problems with noise from the laundrettes on board, I believe that they are closed from 8 or 10pm until 8am.

On one occasion on QV, we had 7041 and my parents had 7042. The Laundrette was between us and acted as a very convenient thoroughfare.

We certainly never heard a sound from it at any time, and, as the good Cap'n points out, it closes early, I think 8pm.

You don't want the sound-proofing to be too good. Some of the best fights on the ship take place in the laundrettes.

Take plenty popcorn :D

J

watchdrama8jm.gif

Yes they do!!!!

On my Hawaiian adventure on QV in Feb. I was brutally verbally abused by a woman I called THE CLAW due to her exceptionally long finger nails.

She actually thought I took her clothing out of the dryer and put them in the washer for a second go around. I do admit I will remove dry clothing and fold it nicely and put it in a basket if I need a dryer but I found the dryer empty and was removing my dry clothes at the time.

I never heard any other sounds besides arguing over the washer/dryer when I was near one in the past. Not too sure why they limit the rooms to just 2 sets of machines.

Have had a cabin next to the lauderette and there is some noise in the hallway. And yes you have a front row seat to the arguments if you want. My experience when returning to my cabin one of the "ladies" doing laundry demanded that I give her the chair from the cabin so she could sit down!!!

Okay how do you answer that one ? I take the 5th on my own response.

we had cabin across from laundry, cabin from hell. Yes it's "supposed" to be closed until 8 am but they start about 6:30. Then when people are doing laundry they scream at each other because of noise from the washers and dryers. Or if the dryers have been going for awhile they stand outside and talk loud. Twice we were close if not across from them and both times it was terrible. If you can move I would suggest that unless you want up early everyday you may want to see if you can move. Both times we were doing Atlantic crossing

we had cabin across from laundry, cabin from hell. Yes it's "supposed" to be closed until 8 am but they start about 6:30. Then when people are doing laundry they scream at each other because of noise from the washers and dryers. Or if the dryers have been going for awhile they stand outside and talk loud. Twice we were close if not across from them and both times it was terrible. If you can move I would suggest that unless you want up early everyday you may want to see if you can move. Both times we were doing Atlantic crossing

Your experience is different to my own when I have been in a cabin close to a laundry (cruising a few times on QM2 & QV. I didn't have the opportunity to use the laundry on QE2).

I am surprised that there was so much activity in a laundry, so early, during a crossing (except on the last sea day which does tend to be busy). On my (QM2) crossings they've been generally quieter than on a cruise.

Sadly, you were very unfortunate.

Very best wishes.

The deck supervisor or someone instructed by him will usually lock the door to the laundrette at closing time and then unlock it at the specified hour in the morning. It would be very unusual for this task to be neglected. Had the matter been referred to him or some other authority figure it would probably have been remedied.

They put a sign on the door asking people to wait until 8 AM. Mostly it was people returning from a trip. They tried later in the day but had to wait, so I guess they figured they would beat the rush and come early.We heard one person say "it's just a suggestion",you can use it anytime.

We made a couple of complaints to the purser and so the sign went up. We cross at least once a year and decided that if we couldn't get a room away from laundry we would fly,which I hate. By the way we were in room 4041 on one and 4037 on the other.

we had cabin across from laundry, cabin from hell. Yes it's "supposed" to be closed until 8 am but they start about 6:30. Both times we were doing Atlantic crossing
Mostly it was people returning from a trip. We cross at least once a year ... By the way we were in room 4041 on one and 4037 on the other.

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience on your two crossings of the Atlantic.

What trips do you think they were returning from each time this happened?

Did you go on any trips yourself and find you needed the laundry on your return to the ship?

Of course in 4041 you were directly opposite the laundry, that must have been difficult if people were noisy.

Thank you in advance for any information you have.

Again, I am sorry to hear of the problems you had, very best wishes.

My observation is that people congregate outside while waiting because it's too hot inside the laundry room. And they talk which annoys the people who are in nearby cabins. We've been close enough to witness people being scolded for not keeping it down. Understandable.

Archived