Internet Access

drommer

My wife and I have just booked a cruise for February 2006 on the Carribbean Princess. With a child in college we still like to keep in touch. Does anyone know the cost of the internet usage. Is there an unlimited package such as Disney or is it all by the minute. What is the cost per minute? And how difficult is it to access the net on board? Any help would be appreciated.

The cost is .35/minute on the ship. It is free for Platinum cruisers (those with 6 cruises with Princess - I think it is 6 cruises).

It is easy to use - they use a card swipe system and there are ususally plenty of computers to use. There are times when the internet is fast, other times it is very slow and sometimes due to the location of the ship to the satellite, internet doesn't work at all.

Make sure the email system that you are checking is web based. If it isn't - sign up for a Yahoo or other free email before you leave.

Archived