Steakhouse on the Dream

GAMOM4

I am considering getting a reservation at the steakhouse on the Dream...we have never been on a ship with a steakhouse before. What would be the best night to eat there? On the first night we usually don't change clothes and just wear what we have on to the MDR .... but if the 1st night is the best night to eat there I am sure we would have time to change. Any suggestions?

The attire most nights is comparable to the MDR, although most people tend to dress up a bit. If you dine there on an Elegant Evening, men are required to wear jackets.

We will be dining on our last night, we just like to end the vacation with a nice meal :)

Personally, I would never make a reservation for the first night. My family likes to explore the ship and have a very casual, relaxed unplanned first night.

In January, I dined in the steakhouse on the 1st and 4th nights. If you are looking for a more intimate atmosphere, I recommend going the first night. There was only 3 other groups during the time we were eating dinner. Plus you get a free bottle of wine. The fourth night was crowded and very loud. I could barely hear my mom who was sitting across from me.

The attire most nights is comparable to the MDR, although most people tend to dress up a bit. If you dine there on an Elegant Evening, men are required to wear jackets.

We will be dining on our last night, we just like to end the vacation with a nice meal :)

Personally, I would never make a reservation for the first night. My family likes to explore the ship and have a very casual, relaxed unplanned first night.

Not true men are not required to wear jackets in the steakhouse even on elegant night, just a pair of pants and a shirt will do, no shorts. Men are not required to wear a jacket in mdr either. This is carnival not celebrity!!

I just wanted to second the no shorts in the Steakhouse. We have gone on the first night because of the free bottle of wine. As mentioned, the restaurant isn't crowded and it's a nice relaxing atmosphere.

We also go the 3rd or 4th nights as the menus for those nights aren't that great in our opinion. It is more crowded and not as relaxing, but still good.

I know Carnival used to require jackets on elegant night, but I honestly can't say that this is a requirement any longer as we never go on an elegant night.

Not true men are not required to wear jackets in the steakhouse even on elegant night, just a pair of pants and a shirt will do, no shorts. Men are not required to wear a jacket in mdr either. This is carnival not celebrity!!

It states jackets required for men on elegant evening in steakhouse on Carnival's website under what to pack. I don't have time to search for it, but I KNOW it's mentioned. Granted, it's in the "fine print" and many guests may not adhere to it.

Archived