Best Refreshing Drinks On Cruise

thefog

gombay (sp?) smash with extra coconut rum... fresh, fruity, tropical and smells like a beautiful girl in the sun... :cool:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Radar, you are a hopelessly romantic pervert! :D

On the pool deck, I am still a big fan of the Pina Colada...inside the ship, I am a Cosmo girl...mmmmmmm :)

Can someone refresh my memory as to what is in the Kiss on the Lips? I know I had many many of them (the drink) last year on the Destiny. I seem to recall something about the Island Oasis mango mix, peach schnapps and Grenadine. Am I close? Also, this drink isn't listed in the Carnival Cocktails recipe book. :(

Christine

Can someone refresh my memory as to what is in the Kiss on the Lips? I know I had many many of them (the drink) last year on the Destiny. I seem to recall something about the Island Oasis mango mix, peach schnapps and Grenadine. Am I close? Also, this drink isn't listed in the Carnival Cocktails recipe book. :(

Here's what's in my book:

2 oz bourbon whiskey

6 oz apricot nectar

The Kiss on the Lips on the ship is much more foo fooey than you would get if you ordered that from most bars... I'm not sure there is much alcohol in them, but they are a nice refreshing cocktail... just tell them to add another shot to it ;)

Keys to ordering Mimmies on the ship...

Make sure you get there at the beginning of happy hour (especially if the sinners or vamps are onboard, they might just run out of champagne ;) )

Order them without ice (ice just fills up the glass, the OJ is cold enough, if you need ice, you aren't drinking fast enough)

Order 4 at a time, put them in a bucket... you now have a BOM...

Keys to ordering Mimmies on the ship...

Make sure you get there at the beginning of happy hour (especially if the sinners or vamps are onboard, they might just run out of champagne ;) )

Order them without ice (ice just fills up the glass, the OJ is cold enough, if you need ice, you aren't drinking fast enough)

Order 4 at a time, put them in a bucket... you now have a BOM...

I love mimmies...:D

taking notes.....:p

when is happy hour??? same time everyday?

I love mimmies...:D

taking notes.....:p

when is happy hour??? same time everyday?

Well on the Sensation, it was supposed to start at 9, but we had them serving us at 8:30 (we order ALOT!!!)... but on the Miracle it didn't start until 10AM :mad: 10AM is almost too late for Mimmie happy hour... so we had drinks of the day instead, until Mimmie happy hour, LOL! The key is to mix up the mimmies with bloody's :D Oh I LOVE CRUISING! LOL!!

GC what about those spicy BMs....they have a happy hour for those also? Don't care much for the BOMs...I mean really, what's the point except for some diluted vitamin C?

GC what about those spicy BMs....they have a happy hour for those also? Don't care much for the BOMs...I mean really, what's the point except for some diluted vitamin C?

We generally do a round of BM's and then a round of BOM's, back and forth for 3 hours... you can get a somewhat spicy BM, by adding tabasco and pepper.. but I have not been able to get the perfect BM on the ship. I'm thinking of bringing my own horseradish next time :D

We generally do a round of BM's and then a round of BOM's, back and forth for 3 hours... you can get a somewhat spicy BM, by adding tabasco and pepper.. but I have not been able to get the perfect BM on the ship. I'm thinking of bringing my own horseradish next time :D

I'll have to remember to pack the fixin's then.:rolleyes:

Well on the Sensation, it was supposed to start at 9, but we had them serving us at 8:30 (we order ALOT!!!)... but on the Miracle it didn't start until 10AM :mad: 10AM is almost too late for Mimmie happy hour... so we had drinks of the day instead, until Mimmie happy hour, LOL! The key is to mix up the mimmies with bloody's :D Oh I LOVE CRUISING! LOL!!

10 is definitely too darn late for mimmies...:mad:

oh and Tef....you're just too much....:cool:

Do they put celery in the BMs?

Some try to cheap out on the celery, but most of them will put celery in them... beware, some try to cheap out on the vodka too... just let them know that you want more than just tomato juice and they will hook you up :D Take a sip and look at them and say "I ordered a bloody mary, not a shirley temple" and they will add a little more!

Some try to cheap out on the celery, but most of them will put celery in them... beware, some try to cheap out on the vodka too... just let them know that you want more than just tomato juice and they will hook you up :D Take a sip and look at them and say "I ordered a bloody mary, not a shirley temple" and they will add a little more!

LOL...I'll make a note to bring extra ziplocks and raid the salad bar at lunch. I don't think I've ever had a bad drink on a ship...even on NCL? Just after board the CB had something called a "Jamaican Me Crazy"...don't know what was in it but after two of them I was ready for a nappie nap:eek:

Archived