Where to sign up for HAL Meet & Greet?

ExDC

Noobie here, obviously. I found the Roll Call for my Volendaam cruise (May 30 embarcation, Alaska), and posted, but I don't see where to sign up for a CC Meet & Greet on the cruise. Assistance, please!

Your Roll-Call thread is the place to sign up. Someone on the thread, traditionally the one who starts the thread, initiates plans for whatever gathering is planned. That can range from a simple, informal gathering of a few people, to a full-blown affair with snack, drinks, and officers & staff.

If no one on your roll-call has mentioned it yet, and it's not too soon (2-3 months before), then ask about it on the roll-call.

There is not an OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC MEET & GREET on any cruiselines other than Celebrity and RCI.

It's all up to the members. NCL does a great job providing snacks & refreshments. HAL sometimes too. Princess provided the room and a bar server, but nothing else.

If nobody on your roll call has started one, you could start it, and see if anyone else is interested in joining in. Not all cruises have an official M&G.

• 5 months later...
Noobie here, obviously. I found the Roll Call for my Volendaam cruise (May 30 embarcation, Alaska), and posted, but I don't see where to sign up for a CC Meet & Greet on the cruise. Assistance, please!

Its probably a little early on your Roll Call for signing up for a Meet and Greet. Maybe around the first of the year, everyone will get more excitied. One thing I have found is that the Alaska roll calls are not that active, so give it some time.

Its probably a little early on your Roll Call for signing up for a Meet and Greet. Maybe around the first of the year, everyone will get more excitied. One thing I have found is that the Alaska roll calls are not that active, so give it some time.

OP posted April 5th, 2012 so that ship may have sailed. ;)

We have had some really good ones and others were very sparsley attended. I think planning the M&G on the first sea day may work best. The ones that have been most memorable were hosted by the Hotel Manager. We've actually had the Captain drop in, too.

We are traveling on Oct.17 HAL and want to sign up for meet & greet. Glor-y-me

gloria & Merle

Go to the Roll Call section here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Scroll down until you find your ship. Click that open. Then scroll down until you find the date of your cruise. Click onto that thread and you can sign up for the Meet & Greet if your group is planning on having one.

Archived