HAL Eurodam Port of Zebrugge to Brugge

lkmamom

I hope you will please be patient with me. I truly have researched everywhere I can for the latest information:o and it was suggested to others that inquired to inquire on the HAL board

For those that have recently traveled to the Port of Zeebrugge, does HAL provide a shuttle to a train station that would take cruisers to Bruge?

Also, I know many have suggested using taxis but have also read horror stories about there either not being many available taxis or the taxis when reserved not showing up.

I am just trying to plan ahead and my head is spinning with all of this information. It would be so appreciated, and helpful, if someone who has traveled this port recently to help with suggestions. Thank you so much!!

Linda

Hello Linda --

As part of our cruise on the Eurodam last fall, we did stop in Zebrugge and traveled to Brugge. I checked my info in an effort to help you out. One of our fellow Cruise Critic Roll Call members reserved a taxi for 8 of us. I do not recall any HAL transportation to Brugge being available. The taxi ride was about 30 minutes and cost 45 euros each way (~$61) and it was divided among the 8 of us. I believe it was reserved through Brugge Taxi but since I did not handle it, I cannot honestly recall. The driver was reliable although was a little late picking us up at the ship but was on time picking us up and returning us. Brugge was fantastic and we are very glad we visited it.

Hope this helps a little!

Claire

I hope you will please be patient with me. I truly have researched everywhere I can for the latest information:o and it was suggested to others that inquired to inquire on the HAL board

For those that have recently traveled to the Port of Zeebrugge, does HAL provide a shuttle to a train station that would take cruisers to Bruge?

Also, I know many have suggested using taxis but have also read horror stories about there either not being many available taxis or the taxis when reserved not showing up.

I am just trying to plan ahead and my head is spinning with all of this information. It would be so appreciated, and helpful, if someone who has traveled this port recently to help with suggestions. Thank you so much!!

Linda

Hi Linda, I have researched this port quite a bit and reviewed threads and blogs as it is a port of call for us next year. From what I have read, there is a shuttle provided by either the ship or the port that takes you to the train station. (In fact, if you dock at one location, you are not allowed to walk around, so the shuttle is the only way to get out).

More often than not we go off on our own but took HAL's Zeebruge/Bruge tour and really enjoyed it. Learned some history, rode a canal, admired the beauty..........I've never seen a place where every window sparkled like there. It must be a law your windows and Belgium lace curtains have to be meticulous. :)

We had enough time on our own for a good balance of touring and exploring on our own.

Thank you so much everyone. Our family has been there before as well, and Sail, you could not have put it better, it is so lovely and beautiful.....so full of history. Since we had been there before, I thought our return visit we could do ourselves rather than a tour. I have emails to several taxi companies for those on our roll call that would like to share a ride. I also have the train schedule, so I guess I need to be patient:) Thank you everyone! And Kazu, I promise to report back after we return!

We were on the Eurodam last May and booked Brugge Taxi for six of us to take us from the port to Brugge.

It was 45€ each way.

I can't remember if we waited for the driver at all for the pick-up ( if we did, it couldn't have been long ) but he was waiting for us at the end of the day and we were early at our meeting point.

We did the canal ride as soon as we arrived as it gets very busy later.

Brugge is beautiful.

Archived