Formal Nights Info.

Marlster

There are no formal nights on Oceania. However, if you want to dress up, no one will stop you, but a tuxedo ~ even a suit ~ would be a novelty on board, as would a gown or beaded cocktail dress. Country club casual is the standard dress for dinner. Likewise, there are no photographers on board and nothing pushed on you to purchase. These are two reasons why I like Oceania. You will have to decide if these things are important to you.

Harriet

Are there formal nights on the Oceania cruise ships? Also do they have professional photographers taking pictures like the other cruiselines?

No. These are 2 of the reasons why we love Oceania.

And that is why we have chosen Oceania as well!! That photographer on Celebrity drove us crazy not to mention three formal nights! We ended up having our meal in our room on the last formal night. I fully intend to take a lovely dress or two for my special dinners but only cocktail style, not formal. The other nights I will happily put on a dressy top and pants. I suppose an "optional" dress up night might be a good thing because some people do indeed like to get all prettied up but I'm happy with the way it is.

We will be on our first Oceania (O as you call them!) cruise on Riviera in June. We will be bringing our sons (college students) and traveling in Italy aftewards and don't want to have to haul around alot of luggage after the cruise. Would slacks/dress shirt/polo's be OK at dinner or would they need a blazer in the evening? Any insight greatly appreciated.

We will be on our first Oceania (O as you call them!) cruise on Riviera in June. We will be bringing our sons (college students) and traveling in Italy aftewards and don't want to have to haul around alot of luggage after the cruise. Would slacks/dress shirt/polo's be OK at dinner or would they need a blazer in the evening? Any insight greatly appreciated.

We just returned from our first Oceania cruise on the Marina.

The main requirements at dinner for men is "no shorts" and "no jeans" and "no flip flops".

Polos/khakis/Dockers/slacks/dress shirts are all fine....in all restaurants and dining rooms.

About 20% of the men wore sports jackets/blazers....some wore suits....one couple liked dressing up, I guess, and wore formal wear.

The Polo Grill might - might - have been a little dressier...and maybe the sports coat percentage reached 40% - 50%. I was part of the 50% on my first visit there, and for my 2nd visit, left the sports coat in the cabin.

Only one person wore "ratty" jeans and tennis shoes to one dinner on one night is all I saw....

Nobody really paid much attention to how others were dressed...following the above no shorts, no t shirts rule for dinner will be fine.

Shorts and t shirts are ok for breakfast and lunch

No. These are 2 of the reasons why we love Oceania.

Ditto.

I used to sail Celebrity but now have switched to Oceania. My last Marina cruise was heaven! I even booked another on the ship and just booked another for this November.

I would never miss formal night, roving photographers and the kids doing there act in the dining room (just had a flashback from my RCL days). I don't like to be bothered when I eat. If I want a show, I will go to the theatre.

Thank you everyone, this is great feedback. So dress slacks, nice shoes and dress shirts it is! Plus it will be hot in Italy after and I'm sure they won't want to wear the blazers after the cruise anyway! (Florence/Sienna/Rome @9 days) - so it sounds like people do embrace the 'country club casual' - great news. Really excited to try Oceania, we have been on Seabourn, Crystal, Windsong and the old Sitmar line (86').

Archived