When do they do the Ice Sculptures on 7 day trip on Century in Alaska

jtsbusiness

Have been on Millennium and Princess when they do special nights and the Chefs produce all this fantastic food and ice sculptures. Do they do this on the Celebrity when it tours Alaska? Is it a special night for dressing up, such as Caribbean night? :)

Just don't want to be wrong footed and not have appropriate dress wear!!!:o

Thanks

If you are talking about a midnight buffet, Celebrity no longer has one. The have replaced it with a brunch which includes ice sculptures and fruit carvings. We were in Alaska last year but I can't remember if it was the 1st or last sea day. Dress was casual.

Mary Lou

Hi,

Based on this year's itinerary, I suggest the brunch// elaborate ice decorations would take place on the tuesday , when she's due to drop anchor at Icy Strait Point ~~ 3;00pm. ( I may be wrong however....)

As well, on the wednesday when she visits Hubbard Glacier, there is a tradition where the Master may authorize the deployment of a life boat for a couple of crew members to go and fetch some major size pieces of Glacier Ice...which are then used for creative sculpting by crew members,..which guests usually find quite interesting.

Cheers

C

Hi,

Based on this year's itinerary, I suggest the brunch// elaborate ice decorations would take place on the tuesday , when she's due to drop anchor at Icy Strait Point ~~ 3;00pm. ( I may be wrong however....)

As well, on the wednesday when she visits Hubbard Glacier, there is a tradition where the Master may authorize the deployment of a life boat for a couple of crew members to go and fetch some major size pieces of Glacier Ice...which are then used for creative sculpting by crew members,..which guests usually find quite interesting.

Cheers

C

not sure about the day but this is what happened when I was on Century last year. They had a big display of the ice being carved on the deck area somewhere and the finished product was on the bar (martini) in the evening for all to see and touch.

not sure about the day but this is what happened when I was on Century last year. They had a big display of the ice being carved on the deck area somewhere and the finished product was on the bar (martini) in the evening for all to see and touch.

THAT is indeed the Hubbard Glacier day '' production ''.

This year: on Wednesday.

Very enjoyable; surprising how creative these crew members can be.

Cheeers

Late again!!! :mad:

We always missed the midnight buffet and it was something I was determined to do this year. Sadly they have cut this out of the entertainment, although the Hubbard Glacier Wednesday sounds interesting.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

We always missed the midnight buffet and it was something I was determined to do this year. Sadly they have cut this out of the entertainment...
The Midnight Buffet was interesting, but it was mostly "viewing" rather than eating [most early diners were already in bed, most late diners still full]. I think the last Midnight Buffet I attended was a number of years ago sailing by Haiti, and I remember thinking that they would throw away more food than all of Haiti would eat tomorrow. The Brunch Buffet has ice sculptures, mounds of shrimp, chocolate fountains, and lots of breakfast and lunch offerings - and people actually eat the food! [And it is not past my bed-time:D]. I highly support the change from Midnight to Brunch Buffet as a far more effective use of resources [which is ultimately paid for by us cruisers]. Enjoy the Brunch!

Thom

PS Be sure to enter the drawing to win one of the glacier ice sculptures to take home as a souvenir:rolleyes:

Archived