epic; allure; oasis; when is carnival going to have a destination ship?

H82seaUgo

Were you on the EOS out of Jersey? I agree with you. Service declined on that ship after going there. It isn't bad - just not as great as usual. From what I was told, and I could definitely see it, was the staff puts up with a lot more attitude from that port, therefore resulting in not being as friendly. Don't let the service on that ship sway you. Oasis is spectacular in every way and everyone should try it once. If you thought EOS was visually spectacular, the Oasis will blow you away.

I wouldn't allow one cruise to sway me :)

It could have been an off week for those particualr crew members. I am positive that the assistant waiter likely no longer works on a cruise ship. It was his first contract and he was NOT a happy camper.

The head waiter was miserable, but that is likely because his assistant was unhappy and bad at his job and I never met the cabin steward....but yes, it was out of Bayonne.

I wouldn't allow one cruise to sway me :)

It could have been an off week for those particualr crew members. I am positive that the assistant waiter likely no longer works on a cruise ship. It was his first contract and he was NOT a happy camper.

The head waiter was miserable, but that is likely because his assistant was unhappy and bad at his job and I never met the cabin steward....but yes, it was out of Bayonne.

Have been on about 6 RCCL cruises and generally liked them but thought on the last few food quality had gone downhill and price was to far above Carnival to keep going back.

Want to do Bermuda again and that might give me a reason to try RCCL again.

Were you on the EOS out of Jersey? I agree with you. Service declined on that ship after going there. It isn't bad - just not as great as usual. From what I was told, and I could definitely see it, was the staff puts up with a lot more attitude from that port, therefore resulting in not being as friendly. Don't let the service on that ship sway you. Oasis is spectacular in every way and everyone should try it once. If you thought EOS was visually spectacular, the Oasis will blow you away.

I noticed the same thing on my second (and final) EOS cruise out of Jersey. It was acutally my fiancee's first experience with RCI, so I had to try really hard to reassure her that the experience wasn't indicative of RCI as a whole..... then we went on Oasis and were both blown away. Night and day!

That EOS cruise had a delayed boarding due to a medical emergency on the prior sailing to boot... that poor crew really got an ear full (undeservedly).

I get a good laugh by the few naysayers because for the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone who loves Carnival and what they stand for could not want to go on a ship like Oasis of the Seas or Norwegian Epic. Holland America or Celebrity lovers I can understand, but not Carnival.

Truth is, Carnival hasn't given their loyals anything to be excited about other than larger versions of their already existing ships. Oasis and Epic were groundbreaking. Now both of those lines have yet another completely different ship class in the making. Come on Carnival. Let's see something different already.

I get a good laugh by the few naysayers because for the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone who loves Carnival and what they stand for could not want to go on a ship like Oasis of the Seas or Norwegian Epic. Holland America or Celebrity lovers I can understand, but not Carnival.

Truth is, Carnival hasn't given their loyals anything to be excited about other than larger versions of their already existing ships. Oasis and Epic were groundbreaking. Now both of those lines have yet another completely different ship class in the making. Come on Carnival. Let's see something different already.

Exactly, NCL and RCI have much better loyalty programs and NCL has many more features and innovations on their ships.

Also NCL actually make me feel like they want my business and I missed the little things they do extra compared to CCL when I don't cruise NCL such as how they welcome you back on board with crew members clapping and dancing, offering you something to drink, and hand you a cold wash cloth to cool down with!

529773_10150855485406414_43678986413_11626736_369138359_n.jpg.01c9890bbf8e40ffbc12b796fe2d8fef.jpg

Archived