I feel as if I am not a First Time Cruiser

By reading the Forums on Cruise Critic I feel as if I have been cruising for many years reading the reports, advice and learning about the cruising industry. Let me say that had it not been for Cruise Critic I don't think I would be taking the 2 week Trans Atlantic Sailing and may have opted for a shorter cruise.

The people here have been so helpful and I am humbled by learning from each and everyone of you the ins and outs of cruising. When I joined in 2007 I was merely a lurker as I was thinking about taking a cruise back then.

The Meet and Mingles is a great perk and I hope that more people will join Cruise Critic to meet like minded people and meet on the cruise. Its like being part of a club who enjoys cruising.

I wanted to thank everyone of you who has provided me with advice and tips and I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

By reading the Forums on Cruise Critic I feel as if I have been cruising for many years reading the reports, advice and learning about the cruising industry. Let me say that had it not been for Cruise Critic I don't think I would be taking the 2 week Trans Atlantic Sailing and may have opted for a shorter cruise.

The people here have been so helpful and I am humbled by learning from each and everyone of you the ins and outs of cruising. When I joined in 2007 I was merely a lurker as I was thinking about taking a cruise back then.

The Meet and Mingles is a great perk and I hope that more people will join Cruise Critic to meet like minded people and meet on the cruise. Its like being part of a club who enjoys cruising.

I wanted to thank everyone of you who has provided me with advice and tips and I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

I hope you have a great cruise. A transatlantic for the first is brave. CC is an awesome place for the information shared but there nothing like stepping on that ship and spending the time there. Have fun! :D

have an awesome cruise. If you are like the rest of us, you will now be an addict. DH and I cannot live without cruising at least every 2 months:D

I sincerely hope I will be a cruise addict. My Father and I leave on the April 21st Serenade Of The Seas from San Juan-Barcelona. The way I figured out to do a Trans Atlantic is by reading the Trip Reports of Back2Back if people have to get off the ship for a couple of hours and then reboard why not just do a 14 nighter(:.

Another reason was because it would be almost impossible to see St.Maarteen, Tenerife and Majorica all on one trip here we get to see some of the best islands in the world. I'm tired of Hawaii right now as I have seen Kauai, Ouahu, Kona and Maui so now its time to go to the Caribbean for the first time. We already saw Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos Mexico and wanted a cruise to a relatively warm destination and we have been to Spain before and loved it so much we wanted to go back. My Father has always wanted to visit the Canary Islands as did I and I have always wanted to go to Majiorca.

Cartegena is a new destination. We have been to Seville and Cadiz so we decided to do the small White Village Tour and an independent tour of St.Maarteen/St.Martin(I wanted to swim in Orient Bay, see Maho beach with the planes landing am a major aviation plane spotter fan) and wanted to also see Phillipsburg and Marigot. We love Botanical gardens so the Garden/Historical Tour on Tenerife sounded fun.

We have never been to Puerto Rico and I have always wanted to visit a US Territory unlike Hawaii so hopefully we have time to see the Old City before we depart San Juan.

I wanted a night departure from port so we get a sail away at 8:30 PM and around 10:30 PMiish from Cadiz.

Although we have an Oceanview room we may get an upgrade if there is space or else you will find me up on the Helipad or in the Solarium(.

I wanted a midsized ship that feels like a yacht and the Serenade of The Seas fits the bill with the Schooner Bar.

I love the outside sitting in the Windjammer and find it to be the best restaurant on the sea so I hope to catch meals there including the Main Dining Room. I will also go to the hidden Seaview Cafe(A Cruise Critic Secrete).

7 days at sea gives us time to explore the ship and relax(unlike some itineraries where its just one day at sea and the rest ports).

I must disagree with you but taking an Eastbound cruise gives you time to relax before seeing the ports of call. On a Westbound its one port after another and then you get your rest. I would rather be rested to see the sights.

As you can see we are great candidates for a Trans Atlantic Cruise.Even the travel agent said we were gutsy to do this because most of her first timers go on a 3 or 4 night cruise(way too short). Anyways most vacations we take are between 1-2 weeks.

We booked the transfers with the cruise line this time to see how they go and will see how well they work(unlike people on CruiseCritic who say they are a mess). Next cruise we will think about doing our own transfers.

We arrive San Juan at 9:55 AM after a redeye from SFO-MIA so it seems like we don't need a hotel(although next cruise I will consider coming in a few days before or even do a Timeshare Resort vacation combined with a cruise etc).

Thanks again for your replies(:

How exciting! Sounds like you've put your years of research to good use...your itinerary sounds great! Wish I was going along with you!

Not sure that Serenade is yacht- like though!:confused: It's a huge cruise ship, but that's a good thing on a TA. Maybe you meant some of its rooms are designed to be yacht like?

I love the radiance class for these types of trips; even if it's cold on the Atlantic you can enjoy the sea from everywhere, and the solarium is great!

After reading so many reviews will you do one when you return? I hope so! I'd love to "sail along" with you!

Archived