Juneau Cruise Ship Schedule

brunolvr

Thanks for posting this - much appreciated.

The ship I'll be cruising on (Serenade of the Seas) will be in Juneau on Thursdays. I notice that it has the code AIF next to it, which stands for Anchor Intermediat Float. What does this mean? Does this mean we'll have to take tenders to the dock or will we actually be anchored at the dock? Sorry for my ignorance - just not sure what to expect.

Thanks much for the clarification.

Cheers,

Tracey

I think that means we are tendered. I also got "lucky" on the rotation for Serenade's June tendered port stop. That will be a new experience. I hope that means they give those with ship scheduled excursions the first tender off for a 7:30am kayaking trip.

And what does "cruise terminal " mean?

I am new to all of this!

That means you are at the main temrinal where the cruise ships park. You will not be tendered. In fact that is where my ship will be too and I have been there before and it is a great location. Right downtown.

marilyn

I meant that AIF means we are tendered. I didn't see the one asking what cruise terminal means. I wish I were at the cruise terminal. But I still believe I'm on a tendered ship...Anchored intermediate float. That sounds like tendered to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I meant that AIF means we are tendered. I didn't see the one asking what cruise terminal means. I wish I were at the cruise terminal. But I still believe I'm on a tendered ship...Anchored intermediate float. That sounds like tendered to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mommabean, yes I think you're right - "anchored intermediate float" does sound like you'll have to tender.

Well, I'll just have to think of tendering as a new cruise experience.

It's not so bad, mommabean, just time-consuming!

Although it doesn't indicate it on the schedule, the NCL Star also tenders (one-way) in Juneau. Since the NCL Spirit and NCL Star share the same pier location, the Star cannot dock until the Spirit leaves Juneau at 2:00. Although the itinerary shows the Star as arriving in Juneau at 2:00, last year it usually arrived at noon.

Quotes from the Daily - "Noon, Welcome to Juneau. Today in Juneau upon arrival and until approximately 2:30 p.m. we will use tenders to take you ashore. Please be advised that when the Norwegian Star docks alongside (at approximately 2:30) we will be at the AJ dock, which is approximately 1.5 miles from the Mount Roberts tramway dock. A complimentary shuttle will run to & from the AJ pier to the Mount Roberts tramway, (downtown Juneau), every 15 minutes."

The day we are in Juneau, the Spirit arrives early in the morning and does not sail until about 10:00 that evening. Our ship, the Star arrives at 2:00 at the AJ dock. Will we be tendered or just dock at AJ since the Spirit shows docking at the Cruise Terminal?

Thanks for any input. We have a tour pick up scheduled for 2:30. Do you see any problems with our timing?

Well, I'll just have to think of tendering as a new cruise experience.

Momma the experience is neat and fun. it is not bad at all. I have been "tendered" in the Caribbean, Mex. Riv. and Alaska and the boats are very safe and just make sure that you watch your daily newsletter that will tell you when and where to get the tenders. It is very easy.

marilyn

The day we are in Juneau, the Spirit arrives early in the morning and does not sail until about 10:00 that evening. Our ship, the Star arrives at 2:00 at the AJ dock. Will we be tendered or just dock at AJ since the Spirit shows docking at the Cruise Terminal?

Thanks for any input. We have a tour pick up scheduled for 2:30. Do you see any problems with our timing?

wehavefun, according to the itinerary on the NCL website, the Star arrives in Juneau on the 17th at 2 a.m. Is that correct? Since it's departing from Vancouver instead of Seattle, that might be correct. If so, you'll have lots of time. Since you're so early in the season, there aren't many ships in Juneau yet so you won't have to tender.

7-day Glacier Bay - Norwegian Star 2005

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun. Vancouver,

British Columbia - - 5:30pm

Mon. Cruise the Inside Passage

Tue. Juneau, Alaska 2:00am 10:00pm

Wed. Skagway, Alaska 7:00am 8:00pm

Thu. Cruise Glacier Bay

Fri. Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00am 6:00pm

Sat. At sea

Sun. Seattle, Washington 7:00am* - -

* Disembarkation usually begins two hours after docking.

th at 2 a.m.

Archived