Getting a prescription for norovirus before cruise?

Highly over rated. And there is quite a bit being written up these days suggesting that this practice may not only be of no benefit to your health but may actaully be harmful...... much to the dismay, I would imagine, to the multimillion dollar vitamin and suppliment industry.

........OH NO!!!!!......you mean my Flintstone's vitamin everyday is not good???:eek:.......Now I hope the food police doesn't go after my Oreo lunch....;):D

Highly over rated. And there is quite a bit being written up these days suggesting that this practice may not only be of no benefit to your health but may actaully be harmful...... much to the dismay, I would imagine, to the multimillion dollar vitamin and suppliment industry.

So you're telling me I can't take megadoses of Vitamin C and never be sick? The internet lied to me!!!! :eek:

So you're telling me I can't take megadoses of Vitamin C and never be sick? The internet lied to me!!!! :eek:

again. ;)

Thanks to all who post common sense and real wisdom about preventing illness. Plus if you have a healthy immune system many of these bugs were wiping away with the Clorox wipes are not harmful but beneficial in the long run. No, I'm not a Dr, but I've been reading a lot on the internet.

Aside from preventative practices one thing we do pack, just-in-case, is a bottle of fresh probiotics - good bacteria. Whenever we have gotten anything with symptoms same as Noro we've taken these as soon as we could keep anything down and it really seems to shorten the cycle. Flood the gut with good bugs. Not sure if it is preventative but we eat a lot of yogurt (not the ice cream type) to keep the good bugs plentiful.

Aside from preventative practices one thing we do pack, just-in-case, is a bottle of fresh probiotics - good bacteria. Whenever we have gotten anything with symptoms same as Noro we've taken these as soon as we could keep anything down and it really seems to shorten the cycle. Flood the gut with good bugs. Not sure if it is preventative but we eat a lot of yogurt (not the ice cream type) to keep the good bugs plentiful.

I start taking probotics four or so days before the cruise (2 a day) and continue two a day while on the cruise. Don't know if it helps but it makes me hope it does. So far (knock on wood, I leave Saturday for a 16-day cruise), I've avoided the noro. On the other hand, I've never been on a cruise (50 plus) where there has been a serious outbreak of it.

I, also, do airborne and used to do Cold FX until they stopped selling it in the US. I do that mainly because of flights that are sometimes 9 or 10 hours.

I have my "sick sack" with me and plan to try and self medicate if I do get it rather than go to sick bay.

Archived