Cruising in 27 days - can I buy stock for OBC?

If I can buy the stock in the next few days and get a confirmation for the proof they require, will I be able to get the OBC for my May 5th cruise? The benefits page says to submit the proof of ownership two weeks before the cruise, so there is time.

I just wanted to make sure that it is okay since the cruise is already booked and paid for.

If I can buy the stock in the next few days and get a confirmation for the proof they require, will I be a be able to get the OBC for my May 5th cruise? The benefits page says to submit the proof of ownership two weeks before the cruise, so there is time.

I just wanted to make sure that it is okay since the cruise is already booked and paid for.

im sure you have time just do it very soon.I faxed my ownership papers over and they were fast applying the credit.The only issue I may see is that your cruise was booked and paid before you had the stocks

If I can buy the stock in the next few days and get a confirmation for the proof they require, will I be able to get the OBC for my May 5th cruise? The benefits page says to submit the proof of ownership two weeks before the cruise, so there is time.

If you can get the Carnival credit card as well .We usually get a nice OBC and I think when we use it for our sign and sail its double miles and if you use it to buy your cruise too also double miles.You can also pay for a portion or all of your cruise with miles although you need alot.Our last cruise I cashed 20000 points for a $200 OBC

Seems like it considering I've sailed Carnival 3 times this last year and plan to at least twice each year. It seems like between the FCC and the stockholder OBC that's $200 on a 7 day cruise which pays for tips and some!

When I found out about the shareholder benefits, I already had 3 booked in January.

I faxed it in on the 7th of Jan for a B2B on the Dream (Jan 21, although I'm sure the earlier the better), got $100 for each, and $100 for the Freedom in Feb.

then, I booked the Valor for 22nd of April, called and CCL said "yes, we still have your information" and applied it without faxing again.

Now you shareholders, do you put the stock in you and your spouse's names or just one? What if I sail with daughter and not hubby? Then I'd want it in my name. If the stock is in two names, do you both have to sail to get the credit?

Mine is in my name only

I couldn't find the information of how much a share is currently. Anyone?

$30.68.. just google "ccl stock".. i've been checking it daily, as we're debating on buying a bunch in the near future. Have 25 shares as of now, not quite enough.

I'm not sure why it would go up after the shareholders meeting. It could go either way.

I have 100+ shares at an average price in the $40s. Wish it was lower, but can't justify buying more at current prices. Can't see selling it at a loss, either. More cruises = more OBC, time marches on hoping the price comes back up.

Don't do this for the OBC alone. Do some research, own your decision, collect your OBC and dividends, be happy. Don't invest your last dollar on something that sounds good, but smells bad. CCL isn't the best investment out there, but not the worst either. If you cruise, the OBC is a nice plus. Remember that you can't retire on nice pluses.

I'm not sure why it would go up after the shareholders meeting. It could go either way.

I have 100+ shares at an average price in the $40s. Wish it was lower, but can't justify buying more at current prices. Can't see selling it at a loss, either. More cruises = more OBC, time marches on hoping the price comes back up.

Don't do this for the OBC alone. Do some research, own your decision, collect your OBC and dividends, be happy. Don't invest your last dollar on something that sounds good, but smells bad. CCL isn't the best investment out there, but not the worst either. If you cruise, the OBC is a nice plus. Remember that you can't retire on nice pluses.

CCL up today .76, 2.43 %

Glad I bought when I did!

Archived