Have ? about family members switching cabins

awwusa

Six family members traveling on HAL this summer. We have booked an S suite for DH and myself, an outside for my parents and an inside guar. for two sons (15 & 18). When booking TA said he needed to book the inside gaur in my name with one son and the S in husbands name and other son. Said once on ship we could put the boys in the inside and ourselves in the S with no problem...it's always done this way. I've noticed that many people have booked two or more cabins and put kids in one and am wondering if they have had a problem (not with kids behavior, but with the cruise line not allowing them to do this)?

We traveled in Feb. and booked two cabins, registering one adult in each. Once on the ship, we switched and let our children stay in their own cabin. Everything worked out fine. The steward was happy to separate their beds!! Our children are teens, so they are responsible. Age makes a difference in how you approach this.

Switching cabins involves getting new cabin keys--just go to the pursers desk and request cards.

The reason you had to do this is because you booked the kids in a guarantee cabin --which their cabin ould be decks away from you. Cant complain since one adult was already booked in there.

I should also add that we were all booked on a guarantee. We booked very close to sail date. We got an upgrade (I think this was based on Mariner status with HAL) and ended up just down the hall from each other. Some people like to use walkie talkies; we thought about it but nobody was too keen on it at our house. We managed to keep in touch and do lots of stuff together. Everything worked out very nicely.:)

We booked rooms side-by-side - DH & I in one and DD's (ages 15 and 11) in the other. We did not have to book an adult in with each child, and the Royal Caribbean TA that we made the booking with knew their ages, so I'm sure this is okay. Got our docs a week ago, and their tags have each of the girls names on them, and they are together in one room. Didn't want the hassle of changing names/rooms when we got there!

thanks for all the responses...since we booked a suite they couldn't gaurantee that the inside would be near us...but hoping it might be close to my parents. I'm not too worried about the boys...both responsible... the oldest just finished his freshman year of college and both have cruised since they were little guys. We were just told by the TA that there had to be someone over 21 listed on the cabin registration. I guess I just want to make sure that I can participate in the HAL "suite amenities" with my DH...and that it isn't restricted to my son since his name is on the booking for that cabin. Does that sound like a bad mom or what!

• 8 months later...

How about Grandma and one son in the inside and Grandpa and the other in the outside?

When my kids were younger and brought friends with them and it was required to have an adult in the cabin, I would also book MYSELF in OUR cabin and put DH in the one that would 'change';)

FYI, the original post is over 8 months old, so I suspect the OP has already taken their cruise because she said it was a late booking.

you are correct Kitty...I never looked at the date. Just saw summer...I DO have an eye Doctors appt in the morning;)

I guess someone had lots of time to look back for old posts.

Archived