HELP! Ft. Lauderdale airport to miami downtown

amy417

Rent a car, one way. You can easily find one for around $40. I went with Thrifty when I rented one. If you're spending the night in a hotel, just pay for the valet parking. Day of the cruise you just go to where you need to drop it off and some have shuttles to the port. I know Thrifty does.

In March, I rented a car from Budget and dropped it off at the Sheraton, a tenth of a mile from the Hyatt, where I was staying. It was $30, and they didn't bother to charge me for the gas for the 24 miles I drove the car. The cab to the ship was about $10. That's the way to go if there are 2 of you. You have to figure what works best for you. It depends upon where you're staying and which rent a car company has the best price and closest dropoff.

We're renting from Budget on Friday, staying at the Sheraton so we can drop it off there. We're keeping the car though until Saturday right before we grab a cab to the port. We're going to do a duck boat tour of Miami on Saturday morning, and want to hit someplace decent for breakfast, too.

Thanks Guys!

It was sureal! after reading the first answer from Kevin I went to Budgets site purely because it was the first rental agency I could think of. When I saw the drop off site at the Sheraton I danced around the room! I could not believe my luck! That is where we are staying. I was coming back here to thank kevin when i saw all of the other posts. You guys are great. I'm off to Fort lauderdale!

Cya :D Will write from the ship.

Archived