New Smoking Policy

CZodda

ah. see, i thought the non smokers complaint was the cancer. i see it is now the smell. :rolleyes: and for some, the sight.

Each persons complaint is different. I don't speak for us all and besides just about every damn thing causes cancer anyway.

I just believe in common courtesy. When I used to smoke , I made sure to do it where it wont bother anyone but me. Sad many people don't give a crap these days how they affect others though. I cant control where a business cooks its food but I can control where my smoke goes though. (or did when I smoked)

Each persons complaint is different. I don't speak for us all and besides just about every damn thing causes cancer anyway.

I just believe in common courtesy. When I used to smoke , I made sure to do it where it wont bother anyone but me. Sad many people don't give a crap these days how they affect others though. I cant control where a business cooks its food but I can control where my smoke goes though. (or did when I smoked)

so with would you rather inhale? the better smelling bbq smoke that has worse carcinogens, or a cigarette.

however, as an ex-smokers, your vote doesn't count.

holy crap...didn`t take long for the smoking thread to turn into ww3

I smoke...I pay for my cruise...I ONLY smoke in designated areas...have NEVER smoked in the cabin!

However being an OUTCAST and being told that I can NO LONGER smoke in sections I was able to when I PAID for my cruise bothers me

I have no issues NOT smoking where people are eating

But NO ONE in their right mind can convice me that if you have the AFT of the ship open air...why can`t you smoke there?...who will it bother if one side is smoking and the other non smoking???

so with would you rather inhale? the better smelling bbq smoke that has worse carcinogens, or a cigarette.

however, as an ex-smokers, your vote doesn't count.

Inside of deck 7 on my cruise smelled like a chain smoking hobos jacket. If I had a preference of that or BBQ pork. I guess I will have to be the odd one out and chose the BBQ pork. Crazy I know. Not worried about the carcinogens involved for the few days I have to deal with it.

But NO ONE in their right mind can convice me that if you have the AFT of the ship open air...why can`t you smoke there?...who will it bother if one side is smoking and the other non smoking???

Cant smoke on the aft? Thats the best place for smokers to do it IMHO. It wont blow by peoples faces that way. They want you guys to smoke upwind?

Cant smoke on the aft? Thats the best place for smokers to do it IMHO. It wont blow by peoples faces that way. They want you guys to smoke upwind?

Yes...on the Miracle they made the AFT serenity

now they send smokers up with the kids to the front lido....

makes sense to me...deck 10 is a wind tunnel...nice hot ashes blowing...that is safe

As an on again off again smoker, is it really so terrible to go up a deck and smoke so people can eat without the smoke?

I dont see the issue. Its not like you can light up and smoke in the lunchroom at work. Why should it be such a issue on a cruise ship ?

Feel free to flame me...

Since you quoted me,,, thought I'd tell you I am not a smoker, so no I don't feel it "so terrible" at all. However, I think allowing smoking on one side of the Lido deck is FAIR to anyone who smokes, just like they do on all the other ships.;)

And smokers vs. nonsmokers are at it again. If I were a smoker I would not want to be confined to my balcony. If I were a nonsmoker I wouldn't want to breathe second hand smoke. It appears from this board that smokers versus nonsmokers is divided about 50 50, and that got me thinking. The Paradise was originally a 100% smoke free ship, what happened? IMHO it wasn't making a profit because of the no smoking restriction. Also I don't think people should be allowed to smoke in their cabin because if the next passenger is a nonsmoker, he/she will have the pleasure of staying in a room that smells like an ashtray.

Since you quoted me,,, thought I'd tell you I am not a smoker, so no I don't feel it "so terrible" at all. However, I think allowing smoking on one side of the Lido deck is FAIR to anyone who smokes, just like they do on all the other ships.;)

I guess as a part time smoker, (Dont tell SWMBO) i dont like to smell smoke/eat smoke when i eat so i can understand folks who complain about the smoke.

I dont see that it a HUGE issue to walk up a set of stairs and smoke where people arent eating.

[quote name='maxamuus']I guess as a part time smoker, (Dont tell SWMBO) i dont like to smell smoke/eat smoke when i eat so i can understand folks who complain about the smoke.

I dont see that it a HUGE issue to walk up a set of stairs and smoke where people arent eating.[/quote]

I think it was a bit silly to crowd in those two eating venues right there on Lido myself. Yes, there were 2 small bars there before, but still. Maybe they should have put both of them up on Deck 10 with the Fish N Chips. :D:D

[quote name='CaribbeanLuver']??? No smoking in the cigar bar??? What else would you do in it?[/QUOTE]

Good Afternoon. Cigar Bar is a great place for afternoon Sex on the Beach or Corn Hole . Maybe some Karoke too.

[quote name='klmorg']No... this should read the LIBERTY. ;) It has the 2.0 & Guys, and no smoking on Lido any longer because of the complainers apparently.

Edited... It was supposed to be a test, moving the smoking area off the Lido & up to a deserted, windy area above on Deck 10. I guess the test results showed that was a good move??[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I had Liberty on the brain and STILL typed Destiny. I don't know why. I've never been on either ship. :o:o:o

Not sure about the Lido deck and smoke in your face when eating:confused: The Lido is divided into two sides (basically) smoking and nonsmoking. If your on the nonsmoking side how would the smoke get in your face while eating, your not in an enclosed area. And, I must say on just about every cruise I've taken when you go on the Lido deck by the pool you can almost always find a table on the nonsmoking side, but it's tuff on the smoking side:eek::eek:

Man Oh Man another smoking vs non smoking thread. Soon it will be if your perfume stinks and you had beans for lunch you can't use the elavators. If i walk out of the elavator laffing yes I had beans for lunch. LOL

I apologize everyone - I truly did not mean to make everyone get upset. Just wanted to make sure I (and my sister-in-law) abide by the rules of the ship.

Again I am sorry.

CZ

Archived