Food/Water on/offboard?

Water yes, but you cannot take any food off the ship that is not pre-packaged. About the only thing I can think of that would be OK is those little boxes of cereal from the Windjammer buffet, so really, bringing your own snacks would be a better idea. Granola bars, high fiber bars, individual packs of cookies or crackers, etc. are all options. You may not bring fruit or sandwiches or anything off the ship, despite what people may tell you in this thread. Some will tell you they have successfully smuggled "off" the ship and are quite proud of that. Anyway, there are notices and signs indicating their policy.

Blissfully ignorant we took a bunch of sandwiches from the Seaview Cafe in a cooler bag (think insulated lunch box) in our backpacks at St. Kitts. No signs, no inspections and no dogs. No notice anywhere not to. Had more than enough so we shared with Bernie our driver for the day. If they want people to not take food off they need to communicate that better.

Water yes, but you cannot take any food off the ship that is not pre-packaged. About the only thing I can think of that would be OK is those little boxes of cereal from the Windjammer buffet, so really, bringing your own snacks would be a better idea. Granola bars, high fiber bars, individual packs of cookies or crackers, etc. are all options. You may not bring fruit or sandwiches or anything off the ship, despite what people may tell you in this thread. Some will tell you they have successfully smuggled "off" the ship and are quite proud of that. Anyway, there are notices and signs indicating their policy.

Yup, this exactly. Here's a thread about taking food off the ship ;):

Taking food off for lunch?

I know that even between Canada and USA we are not allowed to bring certain foods into each others countries. So I figured that would be the case for ports.

I was just wondering what items were available on the ship that were able to be taken into port. Cereals....I will definately be packing some snack items from home.

So long as they are packaged they are ok right?

Thanks

Archived