Tampa - carnival cruise parking

golf43

This is not an actual cruise question, but to ask if anyone parked their vehicle in the parking garage at the pier before getting on the ship. We are taking the Inspiration out on July 23. We are driving down from North Carolina and wondering if its better to park in the parking garage or to stay at a local hotel the night before the cruise and keep our vehicle at the hotel.

Hope someone can help us with this question.

Thanks a bunch!

The Chase Suites hotel in Tampa has a studio suite for 119 a night. The provide breakfast and will take you to the pier and bring you back to the hotel. You can also leave your car at the hotel. It's called the ship and shore package. We are using that in August.

There's not really any very safe places to leave your car in Tampa. And many of the downtown hotels use valets and just park your car in a public garage that they have an agreement with. That's your worst option. The next best thing would be to park at the port garage. There is a part of it that is just for cruisers so you are not parking in a public garage, per se', and there is security there, though break ins do still happen occasionally. Your best bet would probably be a private on site hotel garage or lot. I don't know which hotels have these, but it's probably gonna be the more expensive, upscale ones. This may go without saying but, wherever you park, do not leave anything of value in the car, even the trunk. I'm not trying to scare you, just being realistic. Tampa has had problems with theft for a long time, though it has declined since they re-instituted the chase policy.

We sailed on the Inspiration April 7th and parked in the parking garage which is directly across the street from the Port. I thought it was VERY convenient compared to the parking situation in Miami. Plus it is covered parking which will be a plus during the summer months in Florida.

If you leave your vehicle at a hotel to save a few $$ I'd rather have peace of mind that I've paid the parking garage and if something happens to my vehicle they are insured. A towing and storage bill can add up fast.:rolleyes:

The wife asked me about leaving the car at the hotel we are going to stay in Sunday night, and I told her about what I have learned from these boards. Leaving the car in the pier parking area is what we have decided to do. And, having to wait for a ride back to the hotel after the cruise could be a major pain. We'll pay the $10/day and be happy about it.

Matt

Archived