San Juan dinner show

4275princess

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if you are referring to a specific dinner show, but Barrachinas in Old San Juan has a really fun Flamenco dance show with dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. the show is free with dinner. There was a guitarist who played for about 30 minutes before the dancers and singer came on. Very high energy and a lot of fun. The food and pina colladas were great as well as the atmosphere. We had the mofongo one night and went back the next for paella! The mofongo was awesome...the paella was great...Owner very nice, great wait staff! Highly recommended!

• 1 month later...

Question for the OP and PP... The DH and I [and hopefully some new friends, if their flight makes it] I made reservations for 8pm hoping that I could also catch the 8pm show, the dinner reservations imply that the show is separate fromt he diner. I asked this question on the SJ boards and someone said the dancers are in a different room from the dinner seating...so now I'm worried Iwon't get to do both? Do I need to call the restarant to book the show as well?

Question for the OP and PP... The DH and I [and hopefully some new friends, if their flight makes it] I made reservations for 8pm hoping that I could also catch the 8pm show, the dinner reservations imply that the show is separate fromt he diner. I asked this question on the SJ boards and someone said the dancers are in a different room from the dinner seating...so now I'm worried Iwon't get to do both? Do I need to call the restarant to book the show as well?

Yes, the reservationsnonline are for a different area of the restaurant. The only way to get in the room for the flamenco show is to call and make a reservation. You want to make the ressie for about 730 to give you time to have your food arrive so the waiters aren't blocking your view as much ;)

I agree. You don't want to arrive at 8 .M. for a show that starts at that time.

You want to have been seated and already ordered your drinks/food before the show starts.

If possible, book for earlier. There's a good chance, you might be waiting a while as not that many people would give up their table at just the time the show is starting. IMO

We booked online for dinner at 7pm but want to see the show. How soon should we call Barrachina to make reservations for the show?

I would call them right away, the space in there is limited.

On line reservations were only open for 6:15 and 8pm, don't want to be a

'table hog'...I called to see if I could get reservations for around 7:30 or so...crossing my fingers. Meeting friends pre-cruise for dinner the night before, so I hope we can squeeze a reservation in...

Archived