itineray for Juneau??

kwideman

Hello,

Were trying to squeeze in as much as possible? I would like to visit:

1. Mendenahall Glacier

2. Hike the East Loop Trail

3. Visit the Salmon Hatchery

4. Ride the Tram and walk around

Is this possible to do in a day? We are considering a flight also, but have not made a decision. We a trying to plan and book all our tours independally. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!

Try to prioritize them. If you're going to do a helicopter flight, it would be at the top of my list. :) And then it's all your preferences. Nothing that you mention requires advance purchase but a helicopter, so maybe start with that, and see how much you can cram in.

With your port time, no you do NOT have time for it all. And if you want to add a flight- that needs to be considered first for available times. I would book with Coastal and see if they can drop off at Mendenhall? If not, I would take a cab directly from Coastal to Mendenhall. The East Loop trail requires at least a couple hours, more if you aren't in top shape. The Hatchery is 4 miles from downtown, you will need a cab back and forth- since you are short on time. The tram can be up and back in an hour, but great trails to consider there too. Not to bother however if you can't see the top. I would NOW see what flights are still available and go from there.

Thanks everyone! I will work on the flight thing immediately!! I have a brochure for Coastal, so I will give them a call!!.

At first my husband gave me a tight budget to work with, but after receiving tons of brochures, he ready to make the best of this trip!!

Hiking will depend on the weather!! I have my son's rainsuit and umbrella!!

Thanks

Archived