Thanksgiving cruise....crowded?

luv2cc

I'm just wondering if cruises tend to be crowded during Thanksgiving week, like they are during Christmas and Spring Break? Or do most people rather stay home with family that week? What is everyone's opinion on here?

I'm just wondering if cruises tend to be crowded during Thanksgiving week, like they are during Christmas and Spring Break? Or do most people rather stay home with family that week? What is everyone's opinion on here?

I guess I'll find out. We are cruising the Mariner out of Galveston Thankgiving week. This cruise has been full for months. This class of ship is easy to get around on even if it full.

jdc2204

We've done one before and it didn't seem any more crowded than any other time......agree there may be more families then as some schools are off that whole week and most ( around here anyway) are off starting Wednesday, so a lot of people take kids out for those 2 days.....

;)

Being in education we have cruised Thanksgiving, New Year's, and Spring Break. Thanksgiving is our favorite of week of the three times. Weather and water temps are better. While there are a lot of kids and cruises sail full on all 3 weeks, there seem to be more families during Thanksgiving. Spring Break tends to have more groups of teenagers and cruisers in the 20's. Thanksgiving week has a calmer feel to it, IMO.

We sailed Liberty last fall for Thanksgiving week....there were over 1300 kids (or something close) so the only thing I thougtht seemed really overwelmed was the kids club. But this was our first cruise with the girls, so it could always be that way, I don't have anything to compare too.

It was fun, the put the decorations up during the week so by the end of the week there was a giant Christmas tree in the promande.

Plus, no cooking!:)

Thanks for your responses. I'm booked on Enchantment from Baltimore to the Bahamas that week. It's hard finding a time to cruise with kids in school. Summer is so stinkin expensive, so we have done Spring Break. It was crowded with lots of teens, but not overly rowdy. Christmas and New Years weeks are really expensive, too. So we decided to try Thanksgiving. I'm not bringing kids on this one (they are with their dad for Thanksgiving this year), but I do not mind kids being around on the ship. What I don't like so much is being crammed into crowded spaces, like the buffets, etc. I know that goes with the territory, and will endure, with a smile :)

I didn't know they started putting Christmas decorations up during that week. That'll be exciting if they do that. I really want to do a Christmas cruise, maybe someday...:rolleyes:

Doing our second family Thanksgiving on Freedom. Did one 2010 on Voyager and made cruise monsters out of our grandkids, 16, 15 and 8~ The ship was quite crowded and lots of kids, much to their delight. So just be prepared for the crowds and enjoy yourself. Everything in slow motion (lines etc.):D There was a little more rowdiness and noise in the corridors, but it's all good.

We did a B2B on the Freedom this last Thanksgiving, the first week was full of families with a lot of kids and the second week was the beginning of Diamonds in December, so it was full of Diamond members. Both groups had their pluses and minuses. :rolleyes: Both cruises were wonderful!

Archived