Anyone renew your passport?

Have you renewed your passport recently? Our expire in August & have started thinking about getting them renewed. My wife picked up the forms yesterday and the guy at the post office told her it would cost $110 for both of us to renu, but I can't find any pricing in the forms or on the website that is listed on the form. Any one know for sure what the cost is? It would really be nice if they would at least put the cost on the form that you have to send in to them.

Doug

Have you renewed your passport recently? Our expire in August & have started thinking about getting them renewed. My wife picked up the forms yesterday and the guy at the post office told her it would cost $110 for both of us to renu, but I can't find any pricing in the forms or on the website that is listed on the form. Any one know for sure what the cost is? It would really be nice if they would at least put the cost on the form that you have to send in to them.

Doug

I hate to inform you, but the $110 is per person. I just checked the form I downloaded from the site. Mine expire next year so I'm not ready to renew yet.

Thanks everyone. We still have a while before we have to renew. I've heard the turnaround time for renewal is only a couple of weeks. We will probably renew them in July.

Doug

I renewed mine late last year and the turnaround time was two weeks from the day I mailed in the package until I got the new passport. Interestingly, my old passport wasn't returned until like 9-10 days later. :confused:

Thanks everyone. We still have a while before we have to renew. I've heard the turnaround time for renewal is only a couple of weeks. We will probably renew them in July.

Doug

Just beware the turn around time during the summer months is LONGER as people are getting passports to travel while the kiddies are out of school. So dont cut it too short.

Just beware the turn around time during the summer months is LONGER as people are getting passports to travel while the kiddies are out of school. So dont cut it too short.

If we have anything booked around that time, we will send them in earlier. Just in case.

Thanks,

Doug

yup. It really is that much.

I had to pay that much to change my name. I found out later that had I submitted the paperwork within one year of getting married, it would have been free....It was just a little over a year UGH:(

I would guess the reason they don't send the old passport back with the new one, is to make sure you don't mix them up and throw out the wrong one.

That's an interesting thought but they punch holes in the old one (to invalidate it, I guess) so it's apparent which one is new and which is old. I think Doug is on to something, just a way to waste money on two mailings. :mad:

We renewed our passports in Jan. I filled out the form online and printed them. We went to CVS and had our pictures taken and attached to the form. The picture costs $9 and the passport was $110, so it is a total of $120. The reason they are not mailed back together is in case the new one should get lost in the mail you will still have your old one to use in helping to get a replacement.

We renewed our passports in Jan. I filled out the form online and printed them. We went to CVS and had our pictures taken and attached to the form. The picture costs $9 and the passport was $110, so it is a total of $120. The reason they are not mailed back together is in case the new one should get lost in the mail you will still have your old one to use in helping to get a replacement.

That makes sense.

Doug

Doug

My renewal took 4 weeks at a cost of $110.00

Just got our renewal back in under 6 business days, after wasting money on expedite.

Funny thing - checked the online status today and it said it was in final processing stage with shipment expected on or about April 13th. They were in our mail box today. So much for accuracy of their online tracking system.

Archived