Pacific Princess versus larger ships

cruising oceangal

I also really liked the aft area outside the buffet, very nice place to eat.

In addition to the coffee bar in the buffet area, the pizza is also there and doubles as the omelet station for breakfast.

John Heald, best known for being a cruise director on Carnival, wrote an excellent article about the Pacific Princess which has a number of photos of the ship: http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/06/25/pacific-princessa-day-onboard-a-5-star-country-inn/

Thanks Pam, great article and pictures! I think my DH and I will enjoy cruising on her!

I have a few more questions to ask,

Does the pool have a dome roof to enclose it? We will be cruising in Nov.

Is there anything similar to the International Cafe for coffee and pastries?

Are the buffets similar to the MDR? I know someone posted its like a bistro at night ordering from a menu

I really appreciate the help!

I have a few more questions to ask,

Does the pool have a dome roof to enclose it? We will be cruising in Nov.

Is there anything similar to the International Cafe for coffee and pastries?

Are the buffets similar to the MDR? I know someone posted its like a bistro at night ordering from a menu

I really appreciate the help!

I assume you are talking about the small ship:

Pool is uncovered (see picture below)

No IC. Club Bar is similar to the Patisserie that predated the IC.

Some nights it is buffet, some bistro, some buffet part of the time, bistro the rest of the time. When set up as a buffet, it will not have as good a selection as what is in the dining room.

410252586_100_1668Snowatseaonpoolareadeck9.jpg.cd761d8c99c1f82b79593535c0d96259.jpg

For a picture of the balcony on the Ocean, go to http://fp.caribill.com/

Then select "Cabin Life"

Pictures 8 and 11 show the balcony.

Not very large, but nice.

Caribill, Your photos brought back some great memories from our cruise on the Tahitian princess. Bora Bora and Moorea were our favorites but all were wonderful. We had a round of Bloody Marys at Bloody Mary's.

Someday we will go there again!

I assume you are talking about the small ship:

Pool is uncovered (see picture below)

No IC. Club Bar is similar to the Patisserie that predated the IC.

Some nights it is buffet, some bistro, some buffet part of the time, bistro the rest of the time. When set up as a buffet, it will not have as good a selection as what is in the dining room.

Yes I was asking about the Pacific. Wow, I can't believe there was snow on the pool deck! Where was this taken?

Appreciate your help with my questions!

We have done about 8 cruises on the smaller ships including the Pacific Princess. We love the size of them and we usually book a mini suite which is a lot bigger than the normal balcony cabins. It does have a good size bathroom with a bath and a much larger couch in the cabin than in the balcony cabins. It also has a much longer balcony.

Other than the Steak House and Sabitinis which you pay extra for, there is no anytime dining other than in the Lido each night. The Lido has a buffet when you are in port but when it is a sea day the Lido becomes a Bistro. The dining room is a beautiful room that has Traditional dining each night.

The aft balcony cabins have much bigger balconies but they don't have rails as they are built into the hull so I believe that the view of the sea is hard to see when sitting down though a lot of cruisers prefer these cabins if they can get them.

We are doing the reverse of you this year when we cruise on the Emerald Princess having been on the smaller ships since 2007 so we are looking forward to seeing how the larger ships compare with what we are used to.

Jennie

Archived