MUST do/see

missync

What are the things that I should absolutely do in Grand Cayman?? I don't want to miss anything but of course I'm going to have to make decisions so I'm hoping that you guys out there will have great suggestions like always! Thanks! :)

anything?! i know that's not helpful. I want to see the area and experience it but if there is something that is just amazing, i don't want to miss it. i'm not really into shopping if that helps :D

What is there to do ? What are the attractions? It is a port on the several of th cruises we arre considering . Looking forward to some input. Were anything from adventrous to sitting on the beach as far as what we like to do .

I have been researching these boards and it seems that snorkling and stingray city is one of the nicest things you can do here besides hang out at the beach, if there is more tell me.

I initially decided to use Nativeways for the rays, reef and rum point tour. Now I am considering others also.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/index.html

Captian Marvins

http://www.captainmarvins.com/index.html

Stingray Sailing

http://www.stingraysailing.com/index.html

Fat Fish

http://www.fatfishadventures.com/index.php

Moby Dick Tours

http://www.mobydicktours.com/

I would recommend spending some time at a beach. Either 7-mile or Rum Point. Cayman is known for it's beautiful water and the reef. So, I would say it is a "must" to at least venture in that direction. Snorkeling would seem a logical "must do" because of the reefs, but, beach time would be a treat for the eyes as well.

The island is known for the stingrays and the sea turtles. For many people this would be a "must do" as well. Personally, I think everyone should experience time with stingrays at least once.

If you are wanting to experience "everything", you might consider hiring a tour guide to drive you around the island and give you a personal account of the things you see. Shirley from Cayman Safari gives an excellent tour and takes you to the east side of the island away from the crowds over by 7-mile. You can talk to her about things you are interested in seeing and she will try to take all that into account when planning where to take your group.

Have a great time! :)

I would recommend spending some time at a beach. Either 7-mile or Rum Point. Cayman is known for it's beautiful water and the reef. So, I would say it is a "must" to at least venture in that direction. Snorkeling would seem a logical "must do" because of the reefs, but, beach time would be a treat for the eyes as well.

The island is known for the stingrays and the sea turtles. For many people this would be a "must do" as well. Personally, I think everyone should experience time with stingrays at least once.

If you are wanting to experience "everything", you might consider hiring a tour guide to drive you around the island and give you a personal account of the things you see. Shirley from Cayman Safari gives an excellent tour and takes you to the east side of the island away from the crowds over by 7-mile. You can talk to her about things you are interested in seeing and she will try to take all that into account when planning where to take your group.

Have a great time! :)

Can you tell me how close the beaches are to the port? What transportation would we need? I've got 4 kids to tote around plus the hubby. Looking to do nothing but the beaches at this port without having to pay for the excursions.:p Any help you can give me would be great!:)

Thank You,

Tracy

Most people just hop on the buses when they get off the ship and then just pick their spot to get off along 7-mile beach. It is probably about a 10 to 15 minute ride depending on traffic and where on 7-mile beach you want to be dropped off. I have heard a lot of good things about Cemetary Beach on 7-mile. Sadly, the public buses do not go out to Rum Point. Getting there would require either renting a car or going there via a tour/excursion.

Archived