majesty power outlets

are they 2 or 3 prong and how many are in the basic interior room? In the bathroom? Next to the bed?

I can't answer specifically to the Majesty, but I believe most RCI ships are generally the same...

...and the general answer is yes, you will see 3-prong (and some ships have 2-prong that do European cruises), and generally, you won't have enough of them.

There will be one or two by the bed, as we've plugged in our sleep-sound machine, and another one or two in the cabin. There is one in the bathroom to plug in the hair dryer/curling iron/shaver.

Hope that helps, until someone else can answer specifically for the Majesty! :)

Sorry here to no Majesty experience but couple general notes...

1. Bathroom outlet probably loses power if bathroom light is off so not useful for a nightlight.

2. Two pin Euro 220v outlet is useful for electronics with their own transformer (check label for input voltage) that converts to DC. Laptop, battery chargers, camera chargers, cell phone, etc... All you need is cheal (under $2) plug adapter and you have a useful outlet.

3. Ship hair dryer uses the 220v Euro outlet so won't work in bathroom. Bathoom outlest I've seen acomodate a lot of plug styles but only flat blade types - North American plugs will fit but it is not pbvious at first glance.

I can't answer specifically to the Majesty, but I believe most RCI ships are generally the same...

...and the general answer is yes, you will see 3-prong (and some ships have 2-prong that do European cruises), and generally, you won't have enough of them.

There will be one or two by the bed, as we've plugged in our sleep-sound machine, and another one or two in the cabin. There is one in the bathroom to plug in the hair dryer/curling iron/shaver.

Hope that helps, until someone else can answer specifically for the Majesty! :)

Not saying you're wrong but I have never seen an outlet by the bed on any RCI ship. From my experience...There will be a 3 prong 110V U.S. style plug above the desk. There will also be a 2 prong 220V European style above the desk. There will be a 2 prong European style above the mirror in the bathroom. On some ships (not all) I have seen a 2 prong (no ground) 110V outlet in the bathroom that you can plug a shaver into but as Sequim88 stated, it will not work if the light is off.

Sorry here to no Majesty experience but couple general notes...

1. Bathroom outlet probably loses power if bathroom light is off so not useful for a nightlight.

2. Two pin Euro 220v outlet is useful for electronics with their own transformer (check label for input voltage) that converts to DC. Laptop, battery chargers, camera chargers, cell phone, etc... All you need is cheal (under $2) plug adapter and you have a useful outlet.

3. Ship hair dryer uses the 220v Euro outlet so won't work in bathroom. Bathoom outlest I've seen acomodate a lot of plug styles but only flat blade types - North American plugs will fit but it is not pbvious at first glance.

Interesting. I have never used a hair dryer so I can't say how they are powered. But, if they do use the 220V Euro style, they should work in the bathroom. Out of curiosity on our last cruise (Serenade) I looked for outlets in the bathroom. The only one in there was a 220V Euro style. DW uses the ship's hair dryer but she always uses the vanity mirror. Either she didn't know the outlet was in the bathroom or she prefered the bigger mirror on the vanity.

Not saying you're wrong but I have never seen an outlet by the bed on any RCI ship. From my experience...There will be a 3 prong 110V U.S. style plug above the desk. There will also be a 2 prong 220V European style above the desk. There will be a 2 prong European style above the mirror in the bathroom. On some ships (not all) I have seen a 2 prong (no ground) 110V outlet in the bathroom that you can plug a shaver into but as Sequim88 stated, it will not work if the light is off.

Hmmmm....could it be a difference in the room categories? We've only stayed in GS or OS, so I wonder if that what makes the difference? Or perhaps I'm just remembering incorrectly, and we plugged our sleep machine into the desk/vanity....?

Was on Majesty two weeks ago. Unlike the newer ships with both USA 120v outlets and European 240v outlets at the desk, Majesty only has USA style (3 prong grounded) plugs at the desk. NO european style plugs.

There is a plug in the bathroom for shavers only.

Archived