Rci nye cruise fireworks??

We will be on our first RCI cruise onboard Navigator of the Seas along with several family members. Will there be fireworks? Do they do anything special to celebrate? NYE will be a sea day for us.

No fireworks, but there will be a full blown NYE party in the Promenade complete with a massive balloon drop, lots of confetti, streamers, noisemakers, champagne, and dancing.:cool:

We did the New Years Eve cruise on Explorer and it was wonderful! No fireworks, but as the above poster said, everything else - it was a lot of fun! We were given hats/crowns, blowers, noisemakers, horns, etc at dinner that night.

Isn't disney the only cruiseline that does fireworks? I thought I read that somewhere... I could be wrong.

I've read that as well. They seem to be the only line that shoots off fireworks (if they even do it anymore?) I'm sure someone else will be able to provide more details.

No fireworks, but there will be a full blown NYE party in the Promenade complete with a massive balloon drop, lots of confetti, streamers, noisemakers, champagne, and dancing.:cool:

Yup what he said. NYE is our favorite time to cruise.

We celebrated last New Year's Eve on Navigator and had a wonderful time but there were, as others have said, no fireworks. There was, however, plenty of partying and the Royal Promenade was packed with people welcoming in 2012 with all of the typical party items (balloons, noisemakers, streamers, etc.) Celebrating New Year's Eve was on my bucket list for years and this year we finally were able to do it. :)

Archived