Playing the waiting game

We have decided to sail FOS next summer with friends to celebrate our daughters' 16th birthdays. Now I have to wait until RCI publishes the schedule, which, when I called today, was told it could be as late as May!

Then, once it is booked, the real waiting game happens.

How do you all pass the time away while waiting for your trip?

We have decided to sail FOS next summer with friends to celebrate our daughters' 16th birthdays. Now I have to wait until RCI publishes the schedule, which, when I called today, was told it could be as late as May!

I too am waiting to book Summer/Fall 2013 cruises....so here I am, reading the boards to pass the time, when I should be doing something a lot more productive! :o I wish I had a roll call and a countdown clock....but alas...must wait...and wait...

I'd really like to sail on a Freedom class ship next summer!

Just a thought. This fall's Freedom prices were almost as high as Oasis so I chose Oasis for Sept. The Allure and Oasis prices are out thru' summer/fall of 2013 now. Why don't you take a look at those?

Have multiple cruises booked so one is always coming up soon :D

We booked in April of 2011 so we have been waiting over a year now. Best way to pass the time is just concentrate on life one day at a time. In past year we've had two grandkids born and lost DW's father. :(

Best "use" of the time towards the cruise has been our ritual of sitting out on back deck on nice evenings (Winter sucked for this though) pouring over books about ports and checking maps and such. By the time we go we aim to maximize out time and eliminate as many surprises as possible. Lots of little tidbits to learn - like when we visit Ostia Antica near Rome we will stop at the Pyramides train station and visit the Protestant Cemetary where famous non-Catholics are buried AND.... where it is also a cat sanctuary and cats roam the graves - so we know to bring some kitty treats. Gotta be nice to our cat friends. ;)

Another REAL time passer - is to join (or start) a Roll Call for the cruise. Share tips and insights with others in on the same cruise.

Archived