Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

just another piece of fallout from this regrettable situation.....

even if (and I want to believe that most will try) the original cabin bookers behave with restraint towards the sedondary bookers while onboard, you have to think that the secondary bookers are still going to be seriously on edge, waiting for reprisals that may or may not happen.

No matter how much of this kerfluffle is rightfully blamed on RCCL's attitude and lack of proper action, the fact remains that the secondary bookers had the opportunity to be a factor for fairness, and I have a feeling that if they maintained their right to stay in the previously booked cabin, they are going to be very uneasy for their time on board.

Cabin karma.....it's a b***h!

even if (and I want to believe that most will try) the original cabin bookers behave with restraint towards the sedondary bookers while onboard, you have to think that the secondary bookers are still going to be seriously on edge, waiting for reprisals that may or may not happen.

No matter how much of this kerfluffle is rightfully blamed on RCCL's attitude and lack of proper action, the fact remains that the secondary bookers had the opportunity to be a factor for fairness, and I have a feeling that if they maintained their right to stay in the previously booked cabin, they are going to be very uneasy for their time on board.

I don't think so. I agree with critterchick: I think Royal probably just asked them if they would move for $200 and didn't explain the whole situation.

How do you know if the secondary bookers even know there is a problem?

"I have the new Family Junior Suite booked (stateroom 8000). I just received an e-mail (no phone call or anything), stating that "due to an unfortunate miscommunication" the FJ cabin does NOT have a balcony! The website deckplans still describe it as having a balcony, however....surprize surprize. They are offering me some OBC (several hundred) or the option to be relocated to a different regular JS cabin "at no additional cost." Well, gee, since the regular JS is 243 sq ft, and the FJ is 470 sq ft, that is NOT an option! That's half the cabin size. But, we do want a balcony. So, they've given me a number to call for resolving this issue. When I call (after I think about it for a while), I think they should at least offer me a GS cabin (which is still smaller than the FJ cabin). All of this Rhapsody drama is getting ridiculous. (we also lost our aft corner JS on Rhapsody Alaska for next month, but we were successful at getting it back.)

I knew that this would start to come out. Royal Caribbean, on their website, says that this cabin has a 55 square foot balcony.......when in fact it has no balcony!

And there are going to be people that have booked cabin 8000, thinking that it's still on OS.......oh, what a surprise that will be.

Come on Royal Caribbean..........you all seem to be wading deeper into your own dung.........every day!!

Rick

PS...........as of right now, all GS's and higher are reserved!

"I have the new Family Junior Suite booked (stateroom 8000). I just received an e-mail (no phone call or anything), stating that "due to an unfortunate miscommunication" the FJ cabin does NOT have a balcony! The website deckplans still describe it as having a balcony, however....surprize surprize. They are offering me some OBC (several hundred) or the option to be relocated to a different regular JS cabin "at no additional cost." Well, gee, since the regular JS is 243 sq ft, and the FJ is 470 sq ft, that is NOT an option! That's half the cabin size. But, we do want a balcony. So, they've given me a number to call for resolving this issue. When I call (after I think about it for a while), I think they should at least offer me a GS cabin (which is still smaller than the FJ cabin). All of this Rhapsody drama is getting ridiculous. (we also lost our aft corner JS on Rhapsody Alaska for next month, but we were successful at getting it back.)

I knew that this would start to come out. Royal Caribbean, on their website, says that this cabin has a 55 square foot balcony.......when in fact it has no balcony!

And there are going to be people that have booked cabin 8000, thinking that it's still on OS.......oh, what a surprise that will be.

Come on Royal Caribbean..........you all seem to be wading deeper into your own dung.........every day!!

Rick

PS...........as of right now, all GS's and higher are reserved!

This is indeed getting quite ridiculous! :mad::( What the heck is Royal thinking????? I am so outraged at what is going on right now and I am not even affected. However, I know that because I book so far out in order to get a particular cabin LOCATION and TYPE of cabin (the cabin number is meaningless), a situation like this could very well affect me in the future. I definitely feel for all those involved and sincerely hope that Royal steps up to the plate and compensates ROYALLY!

This type of corporate behavior is why we are not loyal to Royal. We could easily be Diamond Plus on Royal, but the perks are not worth the loyalty. We love to cruise, but we are well aware that we are just another number to them.

Until RC gets their act together and starts taking care of the cruisers that made them so successful in the first place, we will continue to explore options with the competition.

My heart goes out to all that are affected by this debacle. We cruise to relax and get away from stress and the real world. I'm sorry that the real world is scarring what should have been a relaxing and stress free vacation for you. Good luck and I hope all finally gets resolved as it should.

Well said........Connie!

I'm calling for his head, at the next board meeting. For my measly shares...I'm flying to the next board meeting.

How many people would be willing to give me their proxy to vote??

Rick

WOW just got my proxy ballot in todays mail

Rick are you really planning on attending the May 31st meeting in Miami ?

Well said........Connie!

I'm calling for his head, at the next board meeting. For my measly shares...I'm flying to the next board meeting.

Rick

I wish I still owned my stock. I would happily give you my proxy from my measly shares.

Would love to hear from any secondary bookers who have read this and other threads and would like to share their contact, if any, from RCI????

I doubt anyone will fess up ... but what the heck ... my post bumps this up and keeps it on page 1 anyway ... lol

Well said........Connie!

Rick

I'd be willing, Rick! It would probably be the best use of the stock in years!:rolleyes: Since the stock is worth a fraction of what we paid and isn't combinable with any other discounts it's pretty worthless at this point. I guess if there was a toilet paper shortage...:eek:! Sorry, I couldn't resist.:o

I'd be willing, Rick! It would probably be the best use of the stock in years!:rolleyes: Since the stock is worth a fraction of what we paid and isn't combinable with any other discounts it's pretty worthless at this point. I guess if there was a toilet paper shortage...:eek:! Sorry, I couldn't resist.:o
Thank you !!! That made my day.:D

What a mess. I'm so sorry for all those affected. To some, a cabin is a cabin. But to others, a particular cabin is part of the whole vacation cruise experience. Obviously RCL took this part of the equation too lightly. They should have known better.

It reeks of almost a "bait and switch" tactic to me. If you book and pay for a particular room (product) on Royal Caribbean, you should be confident you will get what you requested and paid for. If it is any less than you expected, you should have the right to a full and unquestioned refund. Royal Caribbean is not going to win any future guests with this kind of attitude.

I don't believe the 2nd group of bookings were notified. That takes time and effort, and for what? To request a favor from the customer to correct RC's mistake for a small token? They wouldn't contact them unless it was to tell the customer what is going to be done. But never to ask if they wanna or would rather not. They're just claiming to have tried to fix it.

Would love to hear from any secondary bookers who have read this and other threads and would like to share their contact, if any, from RCI????

I doubt anyone will fess up ... but what the heck ... my post bumps this up and keeps it on page 1 anyway ... lol

If you were a "secondary booker" and you you read this thread, would you identify yourself?

I don't believe the 2nd group of bookings were notified. That takes time and effort, and for what? To request a favor from the customer to correct RC's mistake for a small token? They wouldn't contact them unless it was to tell the customer what is going to be done. But never to ask if they wanna or would rather not. They're just claiming to have tried to fix it.

I too actually don't believe they were notified.

I think that they probably were contacted, but weren't told the whole truth, just as Island Lady wasn't told the whole truth about why they wanted her to switch cabins on Jewel next year. The whole truth was that somebody had previously booked the cabin for B2B but was switched out of it by RCI (without any notification). Then Island Lady booked it. When the first booker called to get it back, RCI called IL and said only that they were trying to accomodate a B2Ber, not that the B2Ber had booked the cabin and been booted out. IL posted on CC what a strange request that was, thinkin that she'd booked first, and she wasn't going to give it up. Then the original booker also posted to the thread. It was an interesting day.

The upshot was that IL held all the cards - RCI wasn't going to move her against her will. She got RCI to give her a GS to make up for giving up 1100 (corner aft, almost as nice a balcony as Rhapsody's, but a much nicer interior). I think that RCI should simply have called IL and said, "we're sorry, we made a mistake allowing you to book the cabin and you'll have to move to another JS. Here's $200 (this is a 4 or 5 nighter) for your inconvenience." At the time she made the booking, it was too early even to have booked airfare, so she could have cancelled without any penalty from RCI or the airline.

For somebody within final payment and/or with air already booked and paid for, RCI should have told them (the second booker) they were moving, allowed them to cancel without penalty, paid the air change fees (if any) or given them an equivalent cabin and the $200 they were offering the people who were booted. It's a shame we live in a culture of "never admit you goofed because somebody will sue you."

I think that they probably were contacted, but weren't told the whole truth, just as Island Lady wasn't told the whole truth about why they wanted her to switch cabins on Jewel next year. The whole truth was that somebody had previously booked the cabin for B2B but was switched out of it by RCI (without any notification). Then Island Lady booked it. When the first booker called to get it back, RCI called IL and said only that they were trying to accomodate a B2Ber, not that the B2Ber had booked the cabin and been booted out. IL posted on CC what a strange request that was, thinkin that she'd booked first, and she wasn't going to give it up. Then the original booker also posted to the thread. It was an interesting day.

The upshot was that IL held all the cards - RCI wasn't going to move her against her will. She got RCI to give her a GS to make up for giving up 1100 (corner aft, almost as nice a balcony as Rhapsody's, but a much nicer interior). I think that RCI should simply have called IL and said, "we're sorry, we made a mistake allowing you to book the cabin and you'll have to move to another JS. Here's $200 (this is a 4 or 5 nighter) for your inconvenience." At the time she made the booking, it was too early even to have booked airfare, so she could have cancelled without any penalty from RCI or the airline.

For somebody within final payment and/or with air already booked and paid for, RCI should have told them (the second booker) they were moving, allowed them to cancel without penalty, paid the air change fees (if any) or given them an equivalent cabin and the $200 they were offering the people who were booted. It's a shame we live in a culture of "never admit you goofed because somebody will sue you."

I was booked two years ago on the Mariner when they cancelled all the bookings and pulled out of the Mexican Market. I don't remember having made final payment but I did have all my air arrangments made and paid.

Royal did pay for all my penalties etc All I had to do was prove I had paid tickets and this had to come from the airlines , It was Frontier Airlines who was a huge help they typed up a wonderful letter explaining what type of ticket I had and the amounts of the penalty to change the flight( I could change but not cancel my flight ) after I rebooked the flight RC issued me a check to cover the penalties.

I was booked two years ago on the Mariner when they cancelled all the bookings and pulled out of the Mexican Market. I don't remember having made final payment but I did have all my air arrangments made and paid.

Royal did pay for all my penalties etc All I had to do was prove I had paid tickets and this had to come from the airlines , It was Frontier Airlines who was a huge help they typed up a wonderful letter explaining what type of ticket I had and the amounts of the penalty to change the flight( I could change but not cancel my flight ) after I rebooked the flight RC issued me a check to cover the penalties.

George..........I think that Royal Caribbean did the honorable thing for you.

What they are doing now...........I don't have a word that would fit the English Dictionary.......except that I'm flabergasted!

See you on the Jewel, and thank you for your wonderful efforts to put together a couple of busses, from London to Harwich!

Thanks!!:);)

Rick

The only way to get "even" is for a significant number of cruisers to refuse to sail on RCI ever again and mean it! Big corporations only care about the bottom line! The BBB is mostly useliess, so the only way to "win" is to hit 'em in the pocketbook. Don't forget, wherever RCI sails, so do many other curise lines.

Archived