Least/favorite MDR item.

kayhold

I know taste is subjective, but I am still curious. Besides, 20 people saying something is bad is likely to make others avoid it :D

What was your favorite, and least favorite item from the MDR?

List all 3 meal times if you want, but at the least mention dinner!

Love the escargot and any of the chilled soups.

Not crazy about the flat iron steak.

Ive heard this about the steak a few times, but unless I remember wrong, I thought it was an old favorite of people.

It was what prompted this thread, too, haha.

I didn't order it - the MIL did. I took a bite out of curiousity and it was just so bland. I could make better chicken at home.

Ah I didnt consider the bland part. Maybe it's because I am born and raised in the south, but fried chicken is one of those things I can do in my sleep, like corn bread. It's beat into our heads from birth :D

Favorite for dinner:

Indian Meals and for dessert - the "diet" cakes - they are delicious

DH likes Flat Iron Steaks, always has those a couple times

Breakfast in MDR:

French toast / Fake Sausage

Least favorite:

The chilled soups. I just can't eat cold soup for some reason.:p

And I don't have any least liked. Everything else I have tried I liked, if I didn't like it to begin with, I didn't order it..

Same here. I liked basically everything that I ordered. If I could remember what I ordered there might be a few things that I might not necessarily order again, but not that they were bad, just that there are other things that look good as well and the item was not "stand out" to me.

I did have the flat iron steak. I didn't dislike it, but I don't remember it to be spectacular. I have from the Midwest so steak is plentiful here, both good steak and average steak and I have had both on many occasions. I remember it being more along the average lines. But most steaks are kind of "meh" for me, I am more of a seafood person.

I know taste is subjective, but I am still curious. Besides, 20 people saying something is bad is likely to make others avoid it :D

What was your favorite, and least favorite item from the MDR?

List all 3 meal times if you want, but at the least mention dinner!

I did not like the melting cake thing I forgot its name but I tried it because so many people love it but it was too sweet for me. And I did not like the flat steak. Again it's been almost two years so I don't remember exactly what they are called haha

Favorite, shortrib with eggplant. Two of my favorites on one plate.

Least favorite: the everynight chicken. So bland.

Honorable mention: the ribs, wow are they good and meaty. But way too much don't need a 2nd entree like I did to try the ribs.

That being said I have not tried the flat iron steak which I hear is gawd awful. I've had flat iron steak elsewhere and didn't care for it so why try it again.

For dinner only,

Least favorite was the Chateaubriand. I have tried it 3 different times, 3 different ships. All crap.

Favorite used to be the Beef Wellington, but they no longer serve that.

So my Favorite now is the Lamb Chops.

And their Regular mac and Cheese is awesome. I did not care for the BMC.

favorite hands down bitter and blanc!!!

worst hands down..........almost anything on the buffett we eat in the mdr almost every meal and if we don't we hit up the asian or fish and chips or the deli depending on the ship we sail. i just hate the buffett

loved the short ribs and the BBQ ribs -both melt in your mouth tender. I also love the Maryland corn soup. Yummy!

disliked the bitter and blanc dessert - I'd read so many good things about it here on CC, I couldn't wait to try it. To me it was like dried out, tasteless bread pudding made without sugar. Maybe I'd let my expectations get too high.

Archived