Least/favorite MDR item.

kayhold

Least favorite app - Frog's legs, it had an after taste that I just didn't like.

meal - Grilled chicken breast, it was dry.

dessert - Bitter n Blanc

Favorite app - strawberry bisque soup - just love it

meal - prime rib

dessert - either WCMC, orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream and banana split

Worst item i have ever been served was the Lamb Shank on RCL. They put this weird "green jello like stuff" on it. It was nasty!

It was probably mint jelly. Mint is served with lamb a lot... I think it just sounds gross.

It was probably mint jelly. Mint is served with lamb a lot... I think it just sounds gross.

Trust me it was gross!

The server didn't ask me she just slopped a big scoop full of it on the lamb shank and it just sort of splattered on everything.

When i got home i goggled it to see if i was just crazy or what, all the pictures i saw online showed a little dollop on the side of the meat or in a little bowl. Not a big cup of it slopped on it.

Anyway now that i have lost my appetite for lunch....

Breakfast-Favorite- the pastries with coffee, I could eat a zillion of them:o

Least favorite-stewed banana- OMG gross!

Lunch Favorite in the MDR-Baguette with shrimpa nd crab salad

Least-avacado soup(way too salty)

Dinner-Favorite-Lobster and shrimp (just love those teeny tiny tails)

Bing Cherry Soup

Bitter and Blanc for dessert

Least favorite-Chateaubriand- it just doesn't taste "right" and the Sweet and sour shrimp left a very strange garlicky taste in my mouth for two days, I won't eat them again.

I don't think I have an unfavorite dessert-I even like the cheese plate:) But my favorite desserts are on the lido deck, the Paris Brest were incredible, and the chocolate cakes on chocolate buffet day are oh so yummy!

They have the same menu on each ship, but for some reason the meals taste better on the Fantasy ships I have been on, and the desserts taste better on the Spirit class ships...

Interesting. I had hamburgers on the Valor and Liberty - they were awesome.

I know if I had gotten around to trying another one it most likely would have been much better, but I just never did..

Then, in January on the Ecstasy, I tried one on HMC, do you know it was the same way?!! LOL

Breakfast

Least Eggs Benedict (muffin tough and ham thick)

Most Omelets

Lunch (Lido)

Least Whatever that pink fruitcake cupcake thing is, wow, bad man

Most Pesto pasta, tomato and olive cold salad, caribbean chicken

Dinner

Least Filet of Sole...sole of shoe that is...AKA Flat Iron Steak, can't be chewed and the meatloaf--rubbery and too much sage

Most Mushroom soup, turkey farfale, chili relleno, melting cake and cheese plate

Sure wish I were there now. Also, tip of hat to the white pizza at the pizza counter and Kiss on the Lips for frozen drink.

I haven't been on a CCL ship enough to know what I do and do not like,,but I what was memorable to me on my 4 day cruise was the ribs. I was sort of shocked a cruise ship could make a decent rib. I didn't have enough meals to not like anything,,but I don't do seafood and I recall my friend eating a shrimp cocktail and it had some long stringy garbage attached to it that snapped like a rubberband.

I hate to read all the disdain for the steak as I am not a seafood or lamb guy,,its steak or chicken. I was planning on pounding down some beef starting Sudnay as I dont' eat much at home,,cholestrol you know.

I have a question though,,sort of MDR related. Everyone seems to complain about the scrambled eggs and claim they are powdered (do we know this for sure?). If you eat breakfast in the MDR,,why can't you tell them to make you and eggs benedict,,without the benedict part,,just cook you an egg and deliver it? BTW,,my friends ate it every morning on the Paradise when we did our 4 nighter and they loved it.

My least favorite on the dinner menu was spinach lasagna. It had way too much spinach but then again I don't care for spinach or mushrooms.:mad:

My favorite was the escargot. I loved the flavor and will have them again in December when the strike is off and they can get a plentiful supply for all the ships again.:D

I like burgers well done so I could handle that but the eggs benedict pic demonstrates why I listed as my least - so tough and the ham is stringy...too thick!

I would like to add on Ecstasy the MDR OJ was thin and warm...sort of like Tang that was left out overnight.

Another top choice for me is the chicken in cream sauce on French Day at Lido. Can't remember the name but it was rolled and tasted more like something that should be in MDR!

I would like to add on Ecstasy the MDR OJ was thin and warm...sort of like Tang that was left out overnight.

Funny you would mention that. I think most of the cruises i have been on have OJ that tastes like Tang. (other then RCL who was selling fresh OJ from real oranges)

Archived