4/2 Atlantica Sailing was our best cruise ever....

JR Ewing

My wife and I went on Costa with some reservations. Namely, we didn't know anything about the line. I booked a Grand Suite aft at a great price and surprised her for Christmas. I'm not going to bore with details. Long story short - it's the best cruise we have ever taken. We like to be "left alone" on a cruise so I can't comment on the entertainment aspect. The ship was spotless, service incredible (cabin and dining room), and the nicest cabin we've ever had. We liked it so much that we booked the MED. (sis. ship) for next April as the Atlantica appears to have been repositioned permanently to Europe. While I was tempted by the news of the Magica, we love the huge balcony/privacy afforded by the stern Atlantica/Med. ships. It was an awesome experience and if you want more info - contact me. This line is a gem in the rough. The price went up by about $300 for our 2006 sailing - but it's well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

JR,

Was this cruise in Europe or the Carribean? DH and I are thinking of the Atlantica for North Europe next May and are wondering how bad cigarette smoking by passengers will be.

We are from California where you can't really smoke anywhere anymore so we aren't used to it. We have been to Europe before though and know Europeans smoke-a lot.

Thanks

This was the best cruise we ever had. The boat was gorgeous, no problem with cigarette smoking. We had so much fun on this ship.

ALthough the Atlantica will not be in the Caribbean next year, we will try another Costa ship.

EVerything was perfect. We had a balcony cabin which was quite spacious, with a couch, and the bathroom was also large.

The food was so-so, but okay for us.

The entertainment was outstanding. The entertainment crew really did a terrific job.

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in June of this year but we will definitely go Costa next January.

Sorry haven't been online for awhile. We were on the last Caribbean sailing of the Atlantica. She was leaving for Europe the day we disembarked. Cig smoke is a non issue. The vast majority of indoor areas are NS and those that allow smoking are well integrated. Yes there is smoking on deck but it's not annoying in the least. The really nice thing is that they offer a lot of ash bins outside and people were very considerate and made use of them. Other ships don't provide enough ash bins and you have people put butts out anywhere.

We have just been on a transatlantic from FLL to Savona on the Mediterranea, it was a wonderful cruise (our 8th) and altho we only had a balcony cabin, it was spacious and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The ship was incredible, the staff friendly, the food we thought was excellent and plenty to choose from. Only thing which annoyed us was the fact that the on board currency used was Euros when we were told it would be US Dollars???

We would cruise on the Med anyday.

JR,

Was this cruise in Europe or the Carribean? DH and I are thinking of the Atlantica for North Europe next May and are wondering how bad cigarette smoking by passengers will be.

We are from California where you can't really smoke anywhere anymore so we aren't used to it. We have been to Europe before though and know Europeans smoke-a lot.

Thanks

WE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH SMOKING .JUST DONT SEAT WHERE IS ASHTRAY;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, does anyone have any of the daily activity sheets from the eastern caribbean on their Costa cruise? I would really enjoy seeing what Costa has to offer. Thanks

SORRY NO DAILY,BUT THEY HAVE SO MUCH TO DO FOR KIDS AND TEENS,AND FOR YOURSELF,IF YOU REALY WANNA SEE ALL THE ACTIVITIES YOU WIIL NOT HAVE ANY TIME TO SLEEP)))):D WE DID'T:D )))))SO DONT WORRY YOU WILL HAVE FUN

JR:

I am really glad you enjoyed it as much as you did. You will love the Mediterranea as well; same layout of the ship, just different decor and colors. We love both the Atlantica and the Mediterranea equally and it's sad to see the Atlantica disappear from the Caribbean itinerary.

We also love Costa and had only wonderful experiences in the past. We just completed our booking for our next cruise, on January 8, 2006 on board of the brand new Magica. We'll see how she is, but from the pictures and discriptions, another beautiful Costa ship.

The only bad part about the Magica: They got away with the huge aft-balconies, and there are no more Panorama Suites or Grand Suites in the aft, only Mini-Suites on the corners. The category "PS" (Panorama Suite) got scratched completely.

So we decided on a Grand Suite, Starboard side, Cabin # 7289. Should be a nice location though, as it looks pretty much centered and not far from the main elevators.

Of course I look forward to another great Costa adventure...

Anybody been on the Magica yet? How about the dining room? Is it similar to the one on the Atlantica / Mediterranea? Any tips?

• 4 weeks later...
JR,

Thanks

We have booked the Atlantica for Nov. 10, '05. Itinerary includes Italy, Greece, Turkey and Egypt. We have the same concern about smoking, especially worried about residual smoke odor in the suite. Will let you know if we learn any more info about it.

Archived