Thanksgiving Dinner on NCL

KJE Atlanta

We're sailing on the Epic this year over Thanksgiving week. This will be the first time we're cruising over any holiday. I have heard that NCL does a Thanksgiving dinner on board on Thursday/Thanksgiving. It will be a sea day on this itinerary (Eastern Caribbean).

I was wondering, for those who have been on board for Thanksgiving - Epic or other NCL ships - what you experienced? When and where do they do the dinner? Afternoon or evening? MDRs (one or both) or the buffet? Is turkey and stuffing just the special entree that evening or is Thanksgiving dinner a bigger deal - i.e., is there a full Thanksgiving menu or spread somewhere (different types of turkey, variety of stuffings/dressings, potatoes a bunch of different ways, etc.)? Also - does Epic Club do anything special for Thanksgiving? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

While it's just a few of us going this year, I just convinced the whole family to book for next Thanksgiving (2013)!

Thanks!

We have been on 3 thanksgiving cruises. On all of them every venue offered a thanksgiving all the fixins selection. In addition to that you cold order of the regular menu.

Not sure about the epic club, but I assure they will have a great spread . We loved the epic club for our meals, awesome food and great service.

It has been a few years but my DMIL treated Mike and I to thanksgiving on Star. Thanksgiving dinner was in the evening and the meal was not your typical turkey dinner. More like thanksgiving at a fine dining restaurant. They had a typical MDR menu but one of the selections was the thanksgiving dinner. As I recall it was a turkey roulade stuffed with coenread dressing, cranberry compote, sweet potato timbale or something and a bundle of grin beans. It was tasty but it wasn't turkey at Mom's if you know what I mean. I especially missed having a sandwich out of leftovers, so I was put out when we talked to another cruiser the next day and found out that they had been carving roasted turkeys in the buffet. I think I would have preferred that.....so my advice is, join your roll call, go to the meet and greet and ask the restaurant manager and/or the Executive chef what is going to be served where on Thursday.

Have a great cruise....prepare yourself for crowds and lots of kids!

Thanks for the responses. I love the idea of turkey sandwiches - especially the next day.

In my mind, I have this picture of a spread to die for which Turkey and all the traditional (and maybe not so traditional) sides sprawled out. A guy can dream, right! :D

We have an active roll call and will definitely check with restaurant manager at the M&G (great suggestion).

Archived