Skipping 2nd Formal Nite??

jetsguy28

Has anyone bagged the second formal nite... My wife and I simply don't feel like packing a 2nd formal outfit for us and the 2 little ones... Read on the Carnival website that the Lido DR will be open... And there is always Room Service...

Has anyone skipped the 2nd formal nite, and what did you do?

Thanks.

Only 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone bagged the second formal nite... My wife and I simply don't feel like packing a 2nd formal outfit for us and the 2 little ones... Read on the Carnival website that the Lido DR will be open... And there is always Room Service...

Has anyone skipped the 2nd formal nite, and what did you do?

Thanks.

Only 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people skip the dining room every night and eat on the lido deck.

And there is always Room Service...

Only if you would be satisfied with light fare, such as appetizers and sandwiches. Full hot meals are not available through cabin service.

Only if you would be satisfied with light fare, such as appetizers and sandwiches. Full hot meals are not available through cabin service.

And not really appetizers either... LOL, well.. they do have veggies :D

DH, me, 2 children went in November, we ate in dinning room first night and 2nd night(formal night) didnt stay all the way through the 2nd night. We were on a 7 day. With the kids haveing things to do in Camp Carnival and the length of time to have dinner we opted for the casual dinning, which worked out perfect. We found out they pretty much serve the same thing at the buffet. We enjoyed filling our plates eating when we wanted and the kids didnt have to miss out on their stuff. We always had every meal together and had (our area that we would meet). We dressed in our formals the last formal night to have pics taken, because we didnt on our 1st night, walked around and took our own pics, DH and DD had a dance together in the atrium(a memory never to be forgotten). Kids went back to CC and DH and I had our dance, then changed clothes, had a drink in the room(balcony, loved it), then walked around. I like the formal dinning room, but if you dont want to spend a lot of time dinning there are other options, sometimes we had pizza or burgers, always found DD eating calzones..they make at the pizza stand, you have to ask for them I think it took like 20 min to make but DD couldnt get enough:D . It was just easier for us, our kids would get impatient sitting in dinning room so it worked out better for us. Plus we had our tipping adjusted for the matre'd(sp) since we only ate in dinning room twice. Hope I helped in some way other than being a jibber jabber.:)

Oy vey! I just got dizzy reading that last post! LOL!!!!

:eek: Sorry didnt realize it was that bad, probably wouldnt have been if I wouldnt have talked so much...you know women ...blah ..blah..blah:D Hope it looks better now..:)

Don't skip the 2nd formal night if you want to eat in the dining room. You really don't need to dress formal. Most people just wear nice Sunday type clothes for the 2nd formal. i've been on three 7 day cruises and only saw few people in formal wear on the 2nd formal night. I usally bring one formal and on nice little black dress. ;)

Wear the same clothes twice. It's easy for guys, just bring a second shirt and second tie and wear the same suit. My wife wore the same dress to both formal nights. You're there to enjoy yourself, who really cares if other people notice?

:eek: Sorry didnt realize it was that bad, probably wouldnt have been if I wouldnt have talked so much...you know women ...blah ..blah..blah:D Hope it looks better now..:)

LOL, don't worry... it could have something to do with the amount of wine I consumed last night too :p

And Max... kiss my grits!!!! LOL!!!

I found out with a family of 4 that we definently overpacked, kids mostly wore swimsuits, shorts..2 pairs..I did laundry twice cause they stuck to the comfy clothes..I'll definently pack lighter next time and just plan on doing laundry. I agree..you can definently wear clothes more than once..who's gonna notice, and who cares if they do, saves on packing space and wear and tear on the ol' arms:D .

LOL, don't worry... it could have something to do with the amount of wine I consumed last night too :p

Could be lol:D Thats what I need when I see some people walking around in little speedos and bikinis, or is there a bikini:eek: .

Could be lol:D Thats what I need when I see some people walking around in little speedos and bikinis, or is there a bikini:eek: .

LOL! Just spewed OJ everywhere... yup! Seen those! Where DO those bathing suits disappear too? LOL!!!! Must be heck trying to get them out of the crevices :eek:

Where DO those bathing suits disappear too? LOL!!!! Must be heck trying to get them out of the crevices :eek:

Nobody answer this pleeease, :eek: That is one question I definently Dont want to know the answer to..bad image in head now...pass the drinks... :D

Normally this is true. But on our last cuise, my wife was sick and I called for room service. I called the dining room by mistake and they were kind enough to tell me that ANYTHING they were serving in the dining room they would be HAPPY to send to my cabin as room service. We had several FULL HOT meals in the cabin.

Now don't expect the chef to fire up the grill at 2 am but if the dining room is open...give it a shot.

(and don't forget to tip well when they go out of their way like this)

I opt for the same black suit each formal night, and just change the shirt and tie. :)

14 year old DS, who hates to get dressed up, loved the dining room and the waiters so much that he dressed up in suit and tie and went to the dining room BY HIMSELF, sat alone at a table for 4 (our assigned table), and LOVED it! He said he'd do it again in a heartbeat... Go figure! :rolleyes:

DW and I had dinner at Nick & Nora's for our anniversary that night, which is why we left him by himself.. we really thought it would be pizza and burgers for him, but... One never knows!! :p

It certainly does not hurt to wear the same formal more than once. An easy way to change the look, if you are worried about someone saying, "Oh my, she wore that last time!" (as if anyone would remember or care), is to take a black skirt and a couple of sparkley tops.

Wear it twice, we'll never see you again. Who would know? Actually like others said Carinvial is so lax on the suggestions for formal night dress you can get by with most anything. You can always do the Nick&Nora's the 2nd formal night. I think only a coat and tie is needed there. I would not allow a simple thing like dress code bother me over getting a lobster tail. Throw on a sport coat and you will be in the norm. Tuxes and true ladies formal wear are far in the minority on a Carinvial cruise these days.

Wear it twice, we'll never see you again. Who would know?

LOL, well... if you cruise with 100 or so of your closest friends, THEY would know :D Not something I could, or would try to get away with... oh the horror! :eek:

On our last cruise, my husband & I skipped both formal nights, sort of accidentally.

The first night was my birthday, so we reserved at the Emerald Room supper club. We loved it so much that we booked again, on the second formal night.

Though I'm not much of a fan of the dining room on any night, this time I'm making sure to be in the there on lobster night. I haven't stalked enough sites to know which night that is yet. But I'd imagine we'll be at Nick & Nora's on the other formal night.

And if you're not into (don't have) a supper club on ship - hey! There's always pizza and ceasar salad! :D

Archived